Manager, Originals - AnimationApply Now Apply Later Job ID 733541BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jul. 28, 2020
Disney+ is seeking an experienced executive for the Manager, Originals - Animation position. This individual will represent Disney+ in the support of all aspects of animated titles including development and current production. Collaborating with content studios across all segments of The Walt Disney Company, he/she will play a critical role in the overall creative approach to original programming for Disney+. The ideal candidate will have exceptional taste, knowledge and understanding of the animation landscape and experience in a comparable position shepherding development and current production for television and/or movie programming for SVOD platforms, studios and/or premium content services.
- Creatively assisting the executive team with the execution of projects, interfacing with the entertainment community, and providing thorough and thoughtful notes and feedback on potential and ongoing animated projects.
- Providing notes on projects in a timely manner so that projects remain on track, while also preserving the integrity of the creative vision.
- Partnering with development teams across TWDC segments to track, solicit, evaluate and procure original ideas and IP for animated series and movies for Disney+.
- Identifying both established and up-and-coming writers, artists, producers, directors, authors, filmmakers and playwrights for the animated team to pursue for future projects.
- Developing and strengthening relationships with studio executives, producers, managers and agents to stay on top of IP, pitches and specs in the marketplace.
- Reading incoming script and book submissions and providing thoughtful feedback and evaluation for the team to consider.
- Tracking the competitive television landscape across broadcast, cable and streaming and staying up-to-date on latest creative trends throughout the industry.
- Managing and updating internal development and tracking grids, preparing materials for internal meetings and generating writer/director lists for relevant internal projects.
- Minimum of 4 + years experience at a Studio, Network, Production Company, Literary Agency or Talent Agency. Previous experience in creative development.
- Working knowledge of the major players in the industry, including the major executives, writers/directors and visual artists.
- Strong relationships within the creative community.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain strong working relationships and ability to interface with varied levels of management.
- Strong critical thinking skills, a creative mindset, appetite for content.
- Must have strong creative and story instincts and exceptional taste.
- Passion and knowledge of animated content, both domestically and internationally.
- Understanding of the animation development and production process.
- Positive attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work on many projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strategic, creative, and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Superior organizational, prioritization, and time management skills; ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects, with a keen attention to detail.
- Must be open to thinking outside of traditional models.
- Highly developed written and verbal communications skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with senior management, staff, and external professionals.
- Passion and insight into The Walt Disney Company segments, brands and franchises, the elements that define them, and expertise to build further audience engagement.
- Strong emotional intelligence and collaborative spirit.
- Can manage multiple projects in varying stages of development.
- Able to lead people (both direct teams and indirect teams) to deliver above expectations.
- Highly organized with excellent follow through.
- Proven ability to work across a matrixed organization while also able to self-motivate.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive working in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- BA preferred. Bachelor’s degree minimum. Preferably a degree in Business, Communications, Cinema/Television or related field.
- Advanced degree a plus.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.