Manager, Platform Distribution OperationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 964452BR Location Burbank, California, United States / Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 04, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- Manage the distribution and control of content, systems and process across TWDC portfolio of services.
- Oversee the distribution of content to existing and new partners.
- Support Platform Distribution sales teams to negotiate and facilitate distribution of TWDC’s content and digital products.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and various technology and operations teams to identify, define and prioritize projects to advance the overall business goals of Platform Distribution.
- Steward large projects in lockstep with DMED Technology, Disney Streaming, and other technology and operations teams, as well as the business stakeholders in line with the overall business strategy.
- Manage and collaborate with multi-matrixed, cross-departmental groups across TWDC to align distribution processes with business segment priorities as well as project managing operational initiatives and projects.
- Project manage the fulfillment of contractual obligations related to content delivery and control (e.g., rights restrictions, asset delivery).
- Manage a variety of projects, as assigned or as needed to advance the business, improve efficiencies.
- Support and manage applicable vendor negotiations/agreements related to content delivery and control.
- Lead, manage and coach direct reports. Create a team environment that is open and inclusive. Encourage candor, communication and collaboration.
- Create and build relationships with counterparts across TWDC in sales, operations, programming, production, digital media, legal, accounting, engineering and technology, and other internal stakeholders.
- Create and build relationships externally with distributors, business partners, league partners, vendors and technology developers.
- Demonstrate strong “horizontal” and “vertical” leadership capabilities that enable this individual to 1) coalesce a broad internal cross-functional team around an agreed objective and 2) develop strong collaborative relationships with distributors to advance operational processes.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking, problem solving, and the ability to synthesize complex issues, and communicate effectively under tight timelines.
- Oversee and manage direct reports, as applicable
- Oversee decisions regarding the hiring, performance management, promotion and compensation of direct reports
- Balance the workloads and priorities among direct reports
- Project manage operational initiatives in a multi-matrixed, cross departmental and cross TWDC environment, employing relationship building, team building, collaboration and critical thinking strategies and skills
- Direct and approve changes to procedure and processes to the workflow
- Contribute to the development of distribution and delivery strategies in support of Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution and translate those into action plans and initiatives
- Direct the ongoing implementation of business plans and systems/tools to maximize operational efficiency
- Advanced working knowledge of distribution businesses including digital media, content distribution, contractual compliance, technical and platform requirements, business operations strategies and project management practices
- Extensive knowledge of the terms and conditions and compliance requirements of distribution agreements and vendor obligations and requirements
- Advanced knowledge of project management practices
- In-depth appreciation of the needs and concerns of distribution partners regarding systems requirements, implementation plans, process mapping and technical obligations
- Has excellent relationship building, collaboration and influencing skills
- Considered an accomplished people leader and team builder and is committed to collaborating within larger teams, and “making those around you better.” Contributes to the values and success of the overall team
- Experienced technical and vendor business negotiations subject matter expert
- Has in-depth appreciation of the needs and concerns of distribution partners regarding systems requirements, implementation plans, technical obligations
- Exhibits critical thinking and decision-making capabilities that affect and drive the Platform Distribution business
- Strong commitment, focus and persistence to drive complex, multi-faceted projects to completion on challenging timelines. Creative problem solving skills, and ability to identify options to bring projects to closure
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Some travel and non-traditional work hours required depending on business needs
- Leadership experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent years of experience
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Content Sales LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Content Sales LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.