Manager, Post-Production & Acquisitions (DBT)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 986561BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted May 30, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
- Manage delivery of acquisitions (licensed and/or co-productions) ensuring that all required materials are received, and that delivery complies with all contractual and technical requirements
- Set up and manage delivery of all acquired productions from the DBT Acquisitions and EMEA teams primarily for Disney Channel, Disney Junior and Disney XD
- Liaise with business affairs during the deal making process - guiding them through technical and delivery requirements and facilitating their needs regarding contracts, residuals, music & clip clearances and post-production issues for acquisitions and co-productions
- Set up and run kick-off meetings for each project with on-show post teams and internal mastering team
- Create and maintain weekly delivery schedules and manage distribution of these schedules
- Regularly distribute updated deliverables and schedule A technical spec sheets, always keeping documents current
- Routinely update the network Animation Handbook
- Manage screeners for S&P review and track all approvals
- Track episodic and element deliverables with mastering/media services and follow through the QC process
- Work with show post team to understand QC reports and manage re-delivery of episodes until a passed QC report has been achieved
- Clearly communicate technical issues to client
- Work with show post teams in various countries, taking into consideration time and language differences
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate select re-versioning, edit projects and spot fixes. Supervise in-person edit sessions as applicable. Create and manage a tracking system for each project with multiple episodes/fixes for The Bridge.
- Familiarity with network creative mandates as well as Standards & Practices guidelines to assist productions in successful compliance
- Guide credit approval process in concert with post coordinator/manager, legal and creative for acquisitions and co-productions
- Manage recalls for all projects, gathering information and costs pertaining to recall, request approval from the EVP, Production and manage redelivery.
- Manage invoice processing for acquired shows. Work with finance department in Florida to ensure accurate billing.
- Manage post-production on original projects as assigned. This includes 3rd party animation, live action scripted, live action unscripted projects.
- Support other series development and pilot projects as needed.
- Set up projects in Scenechronize, ensuring paperwork uploads by shows are complete
- Set up projects on PIX, maintain permissions and manage cut distribution as needed
- Set up projects on Media Monorail including MyID’s for access
- Coordinate with Music Cue Sheet department early in project for Soundmouse access
- 5+ years in television/movie production/post-production or related industry (experience in cable and network series preferred)
- Strong rapport building skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines – client focused approach
- Experience working with animated content through the lens of post-production and acquisitions
- Proficiency in Excel based spreadsheets
- Expertise in all Microsoft Office Programs
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with It's A Laugh Productions, Inc., which is part of a business we call General Entertainment Content.
It's A Laugh Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.