Manager - Post Production (PH) - OnyxApply NowApply Later Job ID 981781BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted May 31, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Manager, Post Production reports to the Vice President, Post Production for Onyx and is located in Burbank, CA.
- Manage outside post-production departments to deliver materials on time, on budget and within technical specifications and creative parameters.
- Partner with VP on identifying and hiring post-production staff on shows (specifically Post Supervisors, Editorial, Post Coordinators, PA’s).
- Act as the day-to-day liaison/first point of contact for Editorial and Post on all assigned shows.
- Liaise with the Hulu team on deliverables, specs and the onboarding process.
- Understand network credit policies, including guild and union requirements, onscreen formatting and implement such knowledge in supervision of credit approval process.
- Provide support managing Pix System access for both internal and external personnel.
- Partner with VP on managing extensive asset inventory and allocation to series production companies.
- Stay informed of and attend presentations on the latest advancements of post technologies and workflows.
- Facilitate setting up screenings both internally and in distant locations.
- Attend cost report meetings on each assigned show and a variety of studio meetings to report the status of shows.
- Work closely with Mastering and Distribution to ensure timely delivery of all elements for release.
- Work closely with other departments throughout the network (Marketing, Publicity, Legal, S&P, Ad Sales, Research, etc.) to ensure the shows are delivering the needed elements to those departments and addressing applicable notes.
- Track Delivery, assist the shows in understanding/executing all deliverables, QC all final deliverables.
- 5+ years post production experience
- 1+ year people management experience
- Outstanding communication skills, written and oral.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others, both in a supervisory role and as a collaborative team player.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Post production coordinator/supervisor experience
- Post production freelance and/or studio experience
- Experience working on UHD, HDR and Dolby Atmos content
- Experience in budgeting and scheduling
- Basic Knowledge of Guilds and Unions
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Prodco, Inc., which is part of a business we call General Entertainment Content.
Prodco, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.