Manager, Post ProductionApply NowApply Later Job ID 972881BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted May 02, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- Liaise with Disney Content Security to ensure that all departments on all shows and all vendors adhere to approved Content Security protocols, and administrate approved file transfer protocols.
- Act as the studio contact for all editorial departments and vendors for requests/ issues regarding routine operation of Aspera and PIX and act as first line of technical support for each.
- Setup, create, and manage Aspera accounts, workgroups and projects for shows, vendors and studio and ensure required approvals are received for each transfer and that all interested parties are aware.
- Setup, create and manage PIX accounts, workgroups and projects for shows, vendors and studio.
- Manage the conversion of media files for upload and distribution on the PIX platform.
- Help set up and consult on dailies process and workflow for each film between the studio, production/editorial team, and all necessary vendors.
- Responsible for supervising all dailies transfers from set/vendor to the studio ISIS server.
- Work closely with VFX, marketing, and music departments to ensure they have all necessary materials in time for deliverables.
- Set up all screenings of dailies material in theaters or remotely (such as via Evercast, Clearview). This also includes quality control checks and trouble shooting of picture and sound materials being sent to the studio, as well as monitoring online files and activity on PIX, and distribution of all related paperwork including Dailies logs.
- Aid in scheduling, organizing, and quality controlling all internal screenings, previews, and marketing screenings and distribute all related paperwork including LFOA reports, Continuities and Music Continuities. Maintain shared calendars of screenings.
- Maintain and oversee all content on current storage system for internal cuts, previews, music, sound, VFX, and marketing media.
- Work with Development executives and editorial departments to manage content moving to theaters for all internal screenings.
- Administrate GSS, Disney’s online DCP administration and approval portal and audit ‘Awesome Report’ for errors and omissions. Liaise with Deluxe Digital to rectify as necessary.
- Responsible for issuing purchase orders and ensure payment of preview screening’s engineers and Dolby representatives.
- Coordinate in creating DCP’s for screenings and covering tech setup and QC both in and out-of-state, as required.
- Label and track hard drives/physical media per Disney Content Security specifications.
- Participate in department development activities and informational workshops.
- Administrate all Searchlight titles on the POLY system.
- Create accounts for vendors worldwide to move content to Disney Lot and Deluxe.
- Control and update all Searchlight DCPs on the Fox Lot as well as
- Generate and manage KDMs for all Searchlight screenings on the Disney Lot.
- Administrate all Searchlight titles in MOCA which generates KDMs for screens
- Responsible for all vendors sending correct KDMs to MOCA once DCPs are created.
- Issue Athena certs so vendors may properly make KDMs for MOCA.
- Generate and handle all KDM distribution for Deluxe, DMC, Fotokem, and other vendors and/or screenings.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent years of experience required.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in a Feature cutting room and or relevant experience as a Digital Manager at a Post Production Facility, required.
- Proficiency with the following software and technology preferred: Avid, Quicktime, MPEG Streamclip, Evercast, Premiere, Aspera, Google Calendar, PIX, Office Suite, Mac OS.
- Positive attitude with a friendly and professional demeanor, required since this position is forward facing to our crews.
Required EducationBachelor’s degree, or equivalent years of experience required.
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Searchlight Pictures, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Searchlight Pictures, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.