Manager, Product Management - Technical OperationsApply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 7122554120220515 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 06, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
The Content Platforms team is seeking a Manager, Product Management to join our Product Operations organization. Our team strives to deliver operational excellence by elevating and marketing the Content Platforms products and services to our DMED business partners. In this role, you will be responsible for the enablement of our content platforms products and tools, working closely with our product management and engineering partners to launch new systems and support our clients as they navigate our platforms to operate their business.
This role will provide essential leadership to a growing team of Product Operations professionals, giving guidance and mentorship to direct reports, fostering a team dynamic that is rooted in excellent customer service, and paving the way for an expanding set of support responsibilities. An ideal candidate will exemplify the best practices and imbue quality within several domains, including technical operations, documentation, training, and communication. This Manager will also contribute to managing the relationship with internal business partners, whether providing excellent customer service to internal Disney clients or partnering with Product and Engineering to ensure smooth operations. This role will be vital in the change management space, specifically leading the operations efforts for launching new systems, onboarding new customers to existing systems, and managing migration and consolidation efforts. Finally, this role will foster a collaborative environment and be able to define and implement workflows and processes that effectively deliver on the Product Operations mission.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
- Responsible for managing, leading, inspiring, and growing a team of Product Operations professionals
- Provide thought leadership and define clear strategic visions in the following: world-class documentation, change management and onboarding strategies, and effective training methodologies
- Establish and maintain an extensive understanding of the systems within the digital media supply chain and the network of internal stakeholders that utilize each service
- Engage and build relationships with partners, thoroughly understanding their operational workflows, business needs, and working to resolve pain points
- Focus on fostering the technical aptitude of direct reports, ensuring they are growing their skillsets in order to contribute to technical troubleshooting of issues.
- Hire, develop, and retain talent to build a Product Operations team with a variety of skills and experience levels
- Attention to resource management, ensuring the team is always working on the highest priority items, balancing short-term needs with upcoming challenges
- Oversee the support services provided by the team, either by leading it yourself or supervising the work done by team members.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- 8+ years in a senior or lead role, including experience managing Operations or Support groups
- 3+ years experience managing a team of direct reports
- Ability to manage multiple clients and projects simultaneously, with an eye for spotting potential problems and proactively developing prevention strategies
- A technical background that with experience in the Engineering world, in order to participate in higher level architecture discussions, as well as detailed troubleshooting or documentation efforts
- Proven leader that nurtures positive relationships with supported users, product and technology engineering partners, as well as executive leadership, and provides mentorship for direct reports
- Ability to position self as credible (garners respect, acts with integrity, keeps commitments); proactive (has a point of view, challenges assumptions, takes initiative); and a trusted thought partner (builds relationships, delivers results).
- Equally adept at consulting, thinking strategically, and execution. Exhibits a roll-up your sleeves attitude
- Enthusiastic about helping people, solving problems, and championing products
- Bachelors Degree in related field
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.