Manager, Production & Development (Animation)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 888568BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Marvel Studios Date posted Nov. 18, 2021
We have an exciting opportunity at Marvel Studios for a Manager, Production & Development.
This Manager is the keeper of all information; continually tracking and overseeing projects through all stages of development and production including casting, production, and delivery. Ensuring meetings are prepped, notes distributed, log lines & creative discussions have been catalogued. Under the guidance of the animation VP the Manager the Manager will help to shepherd the creative direction of their assigned show(s), build strong relationships with the production team(s) and other departments (Marketing, Legal, etc.), and be the ambassador for the series within the company and to the outside world.
- Acts as junior executive for assigned Marvel Studios series
- Participates in and takes notes during creative discussions
- Provides notes and creative input on scripts, animatics, animation, etc.
- Create milestones for feedback, monitor progress against deadlines, and provide mid-mortem and post-mortem analysis on patterns in series to leverage best practices across studio projects
- Spearheads research initiatives, helping to integrate ongoing research into story development
- Manages production meeting notes, episodic log lines, assets, schedules and other materials as necessary
- Manages asset approval and distribution
- Creates presentations for internal, external and cross company meetings
- Builds and maintains trusted relationships with writers, artists, agents and industry executives
- Two to Four years of experience in a series animation environment
- Current Series and/ or Development experience preferred
- Strong skills in the area of time management and organization
- The ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic/ever-changing environment is required
- Proactive and team oriented
- Strong knowledge of story is a must
- The ability to effectively communicate, interact and partner with creative talent and executives inside the company is crucial
- Expert level in written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are required
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point/Keynote, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat Pro
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Studios LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.
Marvel Studios LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.