Manager, Production Environmental SustainabilityApply NowApply Later Job ID 881994BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Nov. 04, 2021
The Manager, Production Environmental Sustainability reports to the Director, Physical Production Asset Management.
- Manage Green Steward Program on all productions. Includes the hiring of Environmental Stewards for every Disney Live Action, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight production and continuous tracking of all carbon data gathered during time of production.
- Develop, keep current, and implement policies, procedures, and materials
- Create and execute training program for Environmental Stewards
- Lead kick off calls with Production team, Accounting, and key department heads (Construction, Locations, and Transportation)
- Communicate effectively with various department heads, producers, crew members and studio personnel throughout the duration of production
- Serve as liaison with crew and production personnel on sustainable production issues, opportunities and progress in environmental practices
- Oversee execution of food donation program on productions around North America
- Track progress of program on all productions, benchmark, and follow up where needed
- Ensure productions are meeting Disney Corporate sustainability goals and targets
- Create and distribute environmental impact reports for each production (PEAR), includes training production accounting teams on tracking methodology
- Administer materials including, prep and wrap deliverables, best practices checklists, carbon data, and EMA Gold Seal applications
- Assist Steward with all “green” related decisions on productions, i.e. set up of waste vendor, sourcing green materials and inclusion of production crew on Disney green standards and initiatives.
- Manage continuous updates of Environmental Steward Manual.
- Research/develop new sustainability programs in conjunction with Corporate Sustainability group
- Interact with Corporate Communications group for assistance and approval of non-profits/vendors for possible donations i.e. wardrobe, set pieces, office supplies and set dressing
- Network with internal Studio groups and external Studios to identify best practices
- Identify and document sustainability “wins” from productions to communicate both internally and externally
- Work with Corporate Communications and Set Publicist to capture strong b-roll and interviews around sustainability
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in production in a sustainability capacity
- Deep understanding of environmental issues
- Experience managing relationships, setting expectations, and engaging with production executives, producers, directors, production crew and vendors
- Requires a professional business understanding with regard to complex business relationships and the ability to nurture and maintain professional relationships.
- Creative thinker, able to seek innovative solutions to complex/technical business problems
- Experience with carbon calculation and data analysis required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel; ability to learn new software and technologies
- Experience in Media & Entertainment industry required; with experience and relationships within the industry
- Willingness to travel, if needed
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures Production, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures Production, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.