Manager, Publicity (PH)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 773930BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Feb. 22, 2021
- Support long and short-term publicity strategies that build buzz, awareness, understanding, and excitement for Movies Anywhere, managing Movies Anywhere’s PR agency to optimize execution and results.
- Drive the development and execution of results-driven publicity campaigns from pre-launch, to launch, and beyond using traditional and out-of-the-box tactics.
- Coordinate and cover set visits and photography/video coverage where applicable.
- High degree of collaboration with multiple marketing and publicity stakeholders to promote Movies Anywhere and key associated tentpoles. Work together to plan and execute talent participation in major promotional and publicity events, including but not limited to junkets, premieres, consumer & trade events, etc.
- Build and maintain strong communication and relationships with key internal and external teams to promote projects and initiatives including but not limited to Movies Anywhere Marketing, Product, and Analytics leads as well as Studio Marketing, PR, and Events leads.
- Ensure that all publicity needs and goals are met in a timely and professional manner.
- 5+ years publicity experience at a streaming service or studio
- Experience running campaigns across series or film, creating and executing press opportunities
- Established relationships with entertainment media, tech media, and studio partners
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Team player with leadership skills
- Strong understanding of social media strategy and savvy about utilizing social platforms to amplify reach and press activations
- Experience integrating PR and earned media opportunities into 365 campaigns for apps or streaming technology a strong plus
- Agency background a strong plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required (Communications, Publicity, etc.)
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Movies Anywhere, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Movies Anywhere is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.