Manager, Quality & Risk ManagementApply Now Apply Later Job ID 727513BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Dec. 04, 2019
Studio Operations is comprised of multiple disciplines related to the postproduction of our films. This includes localizing formats for global theatrical release, ensuring consistency and continuity in the voice and representation of our characters in media formats worldwide, ensuring secure delivery of films to exhibitors, retailers, and homes worldwide, converting of classic film content into digital formats, and managing of all Walt Disney Studios production and postproduction facilities (including sound stages and the Digital Studio)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Quality and Risk Management who will perform all tasks related to quality management and compliance verification as it relates to Risk Management and Studio Security policies.
- Address and proactively communicate quality issues, and develop and document standard operating procedures and quality assurance plans.
- Establish methods and help develop systems to balance throughput, resources, and schedules to achieve optimal performance, manage bottle-necks in resources, and ensure that content protection and content security practices are addressed.
- Engage with department team members to ensure Quality Assurance is being analyzed and implemented in accordance with the Quality Assurance Program.
- Partner with key process owners to provide risk assessments, address any issues, exceptions, review risk mitigation plans and ensure business continuity.
- Schedule and conduct internal audits and sit in annual external audits in order to meet ISO 9001 and 27001 standards as well as drive greater engagement the department’s quality and security management systems.
- Create and review reports with regards to operational effectiveness and efficiency, and brief senior management on any trends, open issues, opportunities for improvement and action items.
- Actively analyze and improve data and Business Management System effectiveness.
- Establish regular and ongoing coaching to the team, as well as training and review of current operational procedures. Engage team members in the design and honing of new and existing workflows.
- Provide continual skills enhancement training on new technology tools that may benefit the department, and seek both internal and external experts to engage in training.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of industry approaches to production, picture and sound post-production, animation, mastering, film-based asset creation, and Quality Assurance workflows
- Up-to-date technical knowledge in digital media tools and technologies
- Ability to multi-task and balance customer needs with business strategy and financial responsibility
- Ability to anticipate and pro-actively respond to client needs
- Excellent analytical and consensus-building abilities
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with auditing for business operations and/or security management
- Minimum of 5 years of providing reports to senior management
- Minimum of 5 years of experience creating and enforcing company standard operating procedures
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with spreadsheets
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in project management
- Experience with Six Sigma; Quality Management, Risk Management, or other process monitoring and improvement methodologies preferred
- BA/BS preferred, but not required
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.