Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, Research - Home EntertainmentApply Now Apply Later Job ID 699531BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Aug. 23, 2019
The Studio Consumer Analytics and Insights team is a dynamic group of researchers and analytics professionals who bring the consumer voice into Studio decision making every day. We are looking for a Manager, Research, working with various teams across the In-Home Division of DTCI.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Research, this position is part of the team responsible for managing primary quantitative and qualitative research studies on behalf of key stakeholders within the In-Home Division. The manager plays an instrumental role in the day-to-day management of several simultaneously occurring research projects.
- Overall, manage research projects from inception to completion, including the development of appropriate methodologies, data analysis and report delivery.
- Specifically, manage in-home release-specific research including, but not limited to, Market Positioning Studies, Commercial Testing and Post Release Surveys in order to maximize the physical and digital sales potential of each in-home release.
- Serve as a point of contact for various groups within DTCI’s In-Home Division and The Studio, providing consumer and industry-based input to the decision making process.
- Manage a weekly tracking study of the advertising and availability awareness of, and intent to purchase, in-home releases.
- Working with the Director and Senior Manager, ensure that the detailed findings and recommendations of every report are strategically actionable and drive key decision making.
- Assist in conducting numerous ad-hoc, custom quantitative and qualitative research projects on an as needed basis.
- Acquire and manage syndicated research products as required to meet the needs of internal stakeholders.
- Synthesize primary and secondary research to inform product and marketing decision making.
- Support presentation of findings based on research conducted and contribute to related business discussions.
- Manage expectations of internal clients as it relates to project timelines, budgets and deliverables.
- Help maintain the research department’s project and knowledge management solutions.
- Respond to time sensitive data requests from internal clients.
- Build and maintain relationships with research counterparts from other divisions of The Walt Disney Company as well as external vendors.
- Stay abreast of current trends and new techniques in the field of market research.
- Must have at least 4-5 years quantitative and qualitative market research experience.
- Must have extensive research background, either supplier-side, client-side, or some combination.
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- Solid project management skills and experience, including questionnaire design, data analysis and report writing.
- Must have strong multitasking capabilities and the ability to work effectively in an environment of tight deadlines and constant change.
- Ability to make clear and convincing oral presentations to individuals or groups, and express written ideas, thoughts, or facts in a clear, convincing, and organized way.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexible personality, quick learner and a strong, pro-active work ethic.
- Must be able to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Computer literate with proficiencies in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Entertainment Market Research experience strongly preferred.
- International Market Research experience preferred.
- Confident, self-motivated, and detail oriented.
- Analytical thinker who enjoys problem-solving.
- Strong business acumen.
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for innovation.
- Organizational savvy, with the ability to “read a room.”
- Compelling storyteller.
- Willing to challenge traditional thinking.
- Superior social, collaboration, and communication skills.
- Strong builder of relationships and trust.
- Passionate consumer of content – movies, TV, SVOD.
- Familiarity with the brands and franchises of The Walt Disney Company.
- Experience with Keynote a plus.
- Experience with Workfront a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Psychology or related field.
- MBA or advanced degree in Market Research or Statistics a plus.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.