Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, Research - TheatricalApply Now Apply Later Job ID 707679BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Oct. 08, 2019
For the Theatrical Research team at the Walt Disney Studios, the moviegoer is at the heart of everything we do. We are charged with finding the best methods to understand our customers’ thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. We do this in pursuit of making our films the best they can be, and shaping marketing campaigns that will surprise and delight moviegoers around the world. As part of the Consumer Analytics and Insights team, you will join a dynamic group of research professionals who love movies, and are passionate about bringing the consumer voice into studio decision making every day. We are looking for a Manager, Theatrical Research.
In partnership with the Sr. Manager of theatrical research, this position works with the team responsible for managing primary quantitative and qualitative research studies on behalf of the Walt Disney Studios. The manager plays an instrumental role in the day-to-day management of several simultaneously occurring research projects being conducted for various departments within the Studio.
- Oversee and make key contributions to research projects from inception to completion, including the development of appropriate methodologies, data analysis and report delivery. Specifically, manage research projects for theatrical movie campaigns, both domestic and international. This includes, but is not limited to, creative testing, screenings, and exit surveys.
- Lead the team managing focus groups on a wide variety of topics, with groups both domestically and internationally.
- Attend focus groups and screenings, both domestically and internationally, and synthesize the findings for production and marketing executives.
- Oversee the management of syndicated title tracking for theatrical releases, both domestically and internationally.
- Working with Research Business Partners, ensure that the detailed findings and recommendations of every report are on target and provide strategic guidance to The Walt Disney Studios.
- Manage numerous ad-hoc, custom quantitative and qualitative research projects on an as needed basis.
- Help maintain the research department’s repository, posting and updating data as necessary.
- Maintain department’s resource planning initiative, ensuring each project is logged and each task within a project is accounted for.
- Build and maintain relationships with research counterparts from other divisions of The Walt Disney Company as well as external vendors.
- Respond to time sensitive data requests from internal clients.
- Must have 3-6 years quantitative and qualitative market research experience.
- Must have extensive research background, either supplier-side, client-side, or some combination.
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- Solid project management skills and experience, including questionnaire design, data analysis and report writing, as well as presenting of findings.
- Must have strong multitasking capabilities and the ability to work effectively in an environment of tight deadlines and constant change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible personality, quick learner and a strong, pro-active work ethic.
- Must be able to work autonomously as well as part of a team, including in a management role.
- Ability to think out-of-the-box in assisting with the development of methodological approaches.
- Computer literate with proficiencies in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Entertainment Market Research experience strongly preferred.
- International Market Research experience preferred.
- At minimum, must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Psychology or related field.
- MBA or advanced degree in Market Research or Statistics a plus.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.