Manager - ResearchApply NowApply Later Job ID 789231BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 30, 2021
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution, a division of The Walt Disney Company, is looking for a qualified individual responsible for content performance and audience analysis across the FX, Freeform, and National Geographic cable networks. This person will report to the Director of Research and provide timely, actionable insights to help drive business decisions for key stakeholders.
- Analyze and create insights on the performance of the FX, Freeform and National Geographic cable networks. Identify success drivers and deliver findings in weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Generate insights on the multiplatform viewership of DMED cable originals capturing a full picture view of performance within their ecosystem and larger landscape.
- Analyze and identify trends within the competitive cable landscape to understand drivers of network and original series success. Communicate insights to key stakeholders including marketing, program planning, and strategy.
- Produce custom analyses around the effectiveness of key content types such as movies, acquired series, special events and what genres are resonating with viewers.
- Determine effectiveness of content strategies such as scheduling and stunting and make recommendations on opportunities to optimize content across networks and platforms.
- Analyze and understand the rapidly changing broader media landscape to inform how viewers watch video across all platforms including SVOD
- Collaborate on forecasting for ad-sales, acquisitions, and original series greenlights
- Partner with the larger research team on monthly and quarterly presentations to key business units
- At least 5 years’ experience in media research with an advanced knowledge of Nielsen software such as NNTV and NPower
- Expert understanding of Excel, PowerPoint and Tableau. Experience with other data visualization tools and SQL a plus
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- The ideal candidate would have a passion for all forms of television
- Experience and understanding of content and familiarity with media and television businesses, including digital platforms.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication. Ability to communicate complex ideas, stories, and data sets graphically and accessibly to a variety of business partners and stakeholders
- Ability to be flexible, adapting to changing priorities and able to juggle multiple projects at once
- A strong team player, able to collaborate easily across teams
- Desire to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Self-Starter, pro-active in approach, detail orientated; looks for solutions and information in creative ways
- Bachelor’s degree
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with International Family Entertainment, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
International Family Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.