Manager - ResearchApply NowApply Later Job ID 788572BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 30, 2021
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution, a division of The Walt Disney Company, is looking for a qualified individual responsible for performance and audience analysis in support of Disney Television Studios properties. This person will report to the Sr. Manager of Research, and will support a variety of internal and external needs.
- Analyze DTS performance on a daily basis and collaborate with other research groups in order to report a full picture view of how a show performs within its ecosystem and larger landscape.
- Analyze and understand the rapidly changing competitive landscape to inform how viewers watch video content to support marketing, current, business affairs and a variety of other groups across DTS (20th Television/ABC Signature Studios).
- Develop insights into the performance of content across all platforms (including linear, multiplatform and SVOD) through the DTS lens.
- Develop a strong understanding of the studio environment and position DTS in its competitive environment accordingly.
- Responsible for the production, distribution and quality control of key studio focused reports such as audit rankers, studio counts, series rankers as well as regular based studio reporting.
- Collaborate with the larger ratings team to support shared reporting (SVOD measurement tracking, program insights, etc).
- Work independently on projects, fielding as hoc requests with little guidance
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously independently or collaboratively across the research team
- Responsible for training and project management/daily tasks of analysts/contractors/interns as needed
- The ideal candidate would have a passion for all forms of television. Knowledge of the larger television landscape is a plus.
- At least 5 years’ experience in media research
- Experience and understanding of content and familiarity with media and television businesses, including digital platforms.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication. Ability to communicate complex ideas, stories, and data sets graphically and accessibly to a variety of business partners and stakeholders
- Ability to be flexible, adapting to changing priorities and able to juggle multiple projects at once
- A strong team player, able to collaborate easily across teams
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for solving problems and answering challenging questions, while maintaining superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Desire to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Self-Starter, pro-active in approach, detail orientated; looks for solutions and information in creative ways
- Respectful, friendly and approachable with a positive outlook and attitude
- An advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Nielsen software. Tableau or experience with other data visualization tools is a plus. SQL or Python also a plus.
- Prior experience in linear or multiplatform research is preferred, along with related TV and/or digital fields
- Bachelor’s degree
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.