Manager, Restoration & PreservationApply NowApply Later Job ID 863938BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Sep. 22, 2021
It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
The Manager, Restoration & Preservation manages the restoration of catalog titles and the creation of Digital Distribution Studio Masters that are archived in Inventory for the entire company to use. This role closely partners with Executives, Creative Talent, Post Production/Restoration Facilities and the rest of the Restoration & Preservation team.
If you have an entrepreneurial drive, a winning attitude, and would enjoy working for a fun and adventurous company, please apply via www.disneycareers.com. The Walt Disney Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Analyze the production aspects and requirements of each given title to define and implement the best workflow plan across the lifecycle
- Oversee the color grade and restoration processes, analyzing each project’s needs and provide direction to vendors performing the work
- Negotiate budgets for each phase of the queue, ensure all fiscal requirements are fulfilled, and liaise with Finance to guarantee accurate cost reporting and variance analysis
- Work with 1st tier Filmmakers and Studio Executives as needed
- Monitor and meet all milestone due dates, quality expectations, and provide reporting status throughout production
- Maintain an updated understanding of current picture and audio restoration technologies, and working knowledge of film handling and archival practices
- Provide recommendations regarding work queue and procedures, contributing to a culture of constant improvement
- Manage a Project Administrator, providing training and development opportunities.
- Associates degree or commensurate work experience in Digital Mastering, Film, Film Preservation, Film Archiving and/or History, Electronic Media, Television, Communications, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a major Studio Mastering team or Post Production facility
- An understanding of color grading in multiple color spaces and picture composition in multiple aspect ratios
- An understanding of Domestic and localized International Versions in multiple languages, and version control
- Strong Project Management and Reporting skills, including dynamic content revisions and accurately tracking/reporting version control updates
- Working knowledge of film handling and archival practices
- Strong knowledge of historical film formats and film history
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.