Manager, RoyaltiesApply NowApply Later Job ID 776878BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 07, 2021
- Oversee daily activities of Senior/Contract Analysts to ensure that contract interpretation, cost recoupment terms and rate calculations are applied accurately
- Determine appropriate work loads of Senior/Contract Analysts based on competing priorities
- Train staff on Royalty responsibilities and systems, ensuring that monthly, quarterly and semi-annual deadlines are met
- Develop, implement, and enforce business processes and clear policies to support operational efficiencies and strong internal controls within the Royalties umbrella
- Develop skills and competencies of the Royalties team to achieve departmental goals and facilitate employee job satisfaction, employee engagement, cross training, and succession planning
- Assist in determining business requirements and performing user acceptance testing for system development projects
- Identify, prioritize and resolve issues in a thorough and analytical manner
- Act as subject matter expert for time sensitive projects on an ad-hoc basis
- Assist in monthly financial close with Accounting, validating accruals
- Partner with Business Affairs to ensure that Royalties is in compliance with artists’ agreements
- Liaise with Audit department to ensure accuracy of audit claims and determine potential counter-claims
- Help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of key business processes to mitigate financial and operational risks
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- 4+ years of music royalty accounting
- Demonstrated ability to effectively balance conflicting priorities in an environment of deadlines and limited resources
- Ability to prioritize and manage projects within a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Takes initiative in identifying issues and recommending solutions on complex problems
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and analytical skills in areas of high complexity, ambiguity and diversity
- Previous staff management experience preferred
- BA/BS degree preferred
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hollywood Records, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Hollywood Records, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.