Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, Sales Planning & AnalyticsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 669632BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted May. 24, 2019
Job Summary:Disney has explored new worlds through magical storytelling since its first completely live-action film, Treasure Island in 1950. Across pirate-laden high-seas or down a mysterious rabbit hole, Disney’s collaborations with renowned artists and filmmakers has produced some of the most successful live-action family films in history, including Disney’s Alice in Wonderland, the Pirates of the Caribbean films, The Jungle Book, Cinderella, and Beauty & The Beast, with more extraordinary stories on the horizon.
Sales Planning & Analytics is a highly visible department within the Studio Distribution division that is responsible for providing analytical and strategic support to executive management regarding the theatrical release of Disney films. The team also works collaboratively across functions within the studio.
The Walt Disney Studios (TWDS) is seeking a Manager to work within Motion Pictures Domestic Distribution to provide strategic and analytical insight on Disney’s theatrical releases. The role requires strategic and quantitative analysis skills as well as superior strategic and financial analysis skills. The individual must possess the ability to interface effectively with multiple levels of management.
This position requires strong presentation skills, both verbal and written, and expertise in excel. The role requires an individual who can analyze and translate data that will influence and drive management decisions by revealing trends. A proactive, independent, high-energy, positive attitude is a must.
- Domestic box office forecasting and reporting, providing in-depth new release reporting.
- Provide detailed analysis by utilizing business intelligence in support of film planning and strategy work.
- Develop, manage and analyze box office reports and trackers and share insights on performance and forecasts.
- Provide periodic review (daily / weekly / monthly / yearly / as-needed) of domestic box office results to executive management.
- Analyze and translate complex data into a compelling story that influences and drives key stakeholder decisions.
- Develop presentations to summarize findings. Present analyses and recommendations to Studio executives.
- Quarterly earnings analysis and summary reporting of exhibitor and key partner financial performance.
- Act as liaison with finance team – responding to forecasting and billing questions, as well as any ad-hoc analysis.
- Proactively collaborate with Director and VP on new business evaluations and insights to optimize theatrical distribution of film slate.
- Act as project manager to ensure that projects stay on track and milestones/targets are met.
- Develop training and process documentation for new team members and partners.
- Expert in PowerPoint and Excel; ability to effectively translate data onto a presentation format, with minimal oversight.
- Strong Excel modelling skills; must be comfortable working in and building Excel models.
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation development and delivery.
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams and prioritize work.
- Ability to influence others by telling a story with data to make business improvements.
- 5+ years of experience in finance, business planning or other quantitative field.
- A high degree of motivation and a proficient understanding of the domestic theatrical distribution industry and landscape.
- Availability during non-office hours, including early mornings, weekends and holidays.
- Excellent time and project management skills, with the ability to manage detail work and communicate project status effectively to all levels.
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented work style.
- Ability to lead projects independently from start to finish, working with internal and external teams to make decisions and maintain momentum.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and deal effectively with pressure.
- MBA preferred
- Bachelor degree in a field of analytical study.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.