Manager, Social Media Marketing, Audiences (Nat Geo TV/Film)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 966566BR Location Burbank, California, United States / Washington, DC, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted May 17, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
If you answered yes, keep reading!
We are seeking a Social Media Marketing Manager to build and grow an engaged online community for our National Geographic Television/Film brands on social media. The role will help shape and execute an editorial and engagement strategy for our social handles, including National Geographic TV, National Geographic WILD, and National Geographic Docs & Films.
You will work closely with the Nat Geo social teams and broader marketing organization to identify audience segments and editorial content approaches that will make our socials the top meeting place for fans. A successful candidate will have a passion for travel, adventure, and nature content and a strong vision for how to translate that enthusiasm into engaging social content.
- Partner closely with social marketing leads to define and build loyal, engaged audiences for Nat Geo TV/Film social brands
- Manage creative development of social content that will inspire engagement and conversation around Nat Geo TV/Film brands, including repeatable formats and pop-up experiments
- Develop content for our social handles in response to key holidays, tentpoles, events, and online trends
- Help establish social-specific brand guidelines and templates
- Work with larger Nat Geo team and partners to develop a smart community management strategy and workflow
- Manage opportunistic talent, creator, and influencer activations
- Work closely with marketing to create high impact moments around our brands and fan communities
- 3+ years of social media experience working in editorial, brand, or social media marketing
- A demonstrated understanding of social platform tools and best practices across Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, and more
- Excellent editorial judgment, a passion for community engagement, and endless creativity
- A love for science, nature, and human history – and an insatiable curiosity for the world around us
- An interest in using insights and data to evaluate the performance of content and to guide future creative concepts
- Strong organizational, communication, and writing skills
- A high degree of drive, energy, accountability, and initiative
- A commitment to inclusivity
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business we call General Entertainment Content.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.