Manager, Software Engineering - React/React Native
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 963775BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May. 03, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
Job Summary:Ever wonder how the innovative storytelling from the world’s most beloved brands – Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, ESPN, 20th Century, National Geographic, FX, Freeform, Disney Channels, ABC, and more -- makes it to viewers around the globe and beyond (yes, we also deliver content to the International Space Station)? Come join our growing team that builds global products, platforms and tools that deliver and monetize our company's unmatched collection of content, power our businesses and reflect the company's innovative spirit.
We are the Content Platforms team with a mission to “reimagine the technical ecosystem that empowers The Walt Disney Company to harness its unparalleled storytelling and distribute it around the world.” Content Platforms is part of the Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution (DMED) segment which is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; Disney+, the Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; global advertising sales and ad technology for all of Disney’s media properties, including ABC, ESPN, Freeform, FX Networks, National Geographic and the Disney Channels; Hotstar, the leading over-the-top streaming service in India; and the Company’s majority ownership stake in Hulu.
- Enjoy working with teams of talented and passionate people
- Have excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate determination in finding solutions to complex puzzles
- Have the curiosity and interests in how content goes from inception to consumers
- Employ positive thinking and are able to work constructively in a diverse team setting
- Enjoy transforming business strategy into innovative products & platforms
- Value learning and being exposed to new experiences
- Love working in a startup culture
- Find Media & Entertainment industry fascinating
then Content Platforms team is the place for you. We are growing and investing in innovative technology to deliver a state-of-the-art content pipeline. Come be a part of the magic that makes The Walt Disney Company one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies”.
- Be accountable for the performance and results of a team of software engineers
- Make decisions and provide leadership in high pressure and time sensitive situations, guided by resource availability and functional objectives
- Facilitate communication and healthy collaboration between your teams and the product, design, marketing, QA and business teams we work closely with
- Exhibit expert knowledge to analyze the intricacies of complex technical challenges; stay informed of industry innovations; provide new perspectives on existing solutions
- Regularly report on status and team health, while identifying your team’s gaps and needs for your leadership
- Provide technical direction and mentorship to your team members
- Work closely with your project management counterparts to manage team timelines and resourcing
- Mentor and grow the careers of team engineers
- Help with software design and review and approve software architecture and development plans for new and complex products and features.
- Help with the recruitment and hiring for your team
- Any other duties needed to help achieve Business Objectives
- Passion for leadership and relationship building across cross-functional teams
- Experience in delivering platform services in cloud environments using open source technologies
- Familiarity with media publishing and live/on-demand streaming
- Ability to make decisions about technical best practices and your team’s operational process
- Good understanding of agile software development methodologies
- Experience managing teams of software engineers
- Experience building concurrent projects of high technical complexity
- 8+ years of experience building complex platform applications at scale
- 2+ years of experience leading teams of software engineers building complex applications at scale
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.