Manager, Soundtrack MarketingApply NowApply Later Job ID 10029996 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Music Group Date posted Oct. 20, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The role of Manager, Soundtrack Marketing for the Disney Music Group will be part of the Disney Branded Live-Action team which is responsible for releases across multiple divisions of the company including Disney Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, Disney Television, and Disney+. The position will report to the Director of Marketing, Soundtracks and for select content portfolios, will be responsible for the following key functions – creating strategy plans, managing marketing campaigns, product development, driving promotional and new business opportunities for film, series and video game soundtracks as well as catalog management.
- Manage all aspects of product releases including marketing strategy, campaign planning and execution as well as product development.
- Collaborate with all divisional partner leads to drive soundtrack plans that create new and innovative cross-divisional marketing opportunities.
- Maintain and develop relationships with all strategy, marketing, synergy and promotion leads within various divisions of the company to ensure soundtrack integrations and cohesive plans that align with their objectives.
- Act as a thought leader to seek, identify and create new revenue and marketing opportunities across divisions.
- Work with all DMG internal departments (A&R, PR, Sales and Digital, Promotions, Media, Production, etc) to develop high impact product offerings and comprehensive campaigns to maximize revenue.
- Work closely with Business Affairs teams to ensure we are in compliance with legal requirements tied to marketing campaigns as well as promotional content for our releases.
- Facilitate approvals of all art, marketing assets, and creative tied to assigned soundtrack projects and initiatives.
- Develop content strategy for titles to drive awareness and consumer engagement.
- Work with International teams to help release and market all products ex-US with key goal of maximizing awareness, sales and revenue globally.
- Ensure DMG staff is up-to-speed on the latest marketing and promotion initiatives.
- Work closely with DMG synergy team and corresponding partners throughout the company to drive soundtrack marketing campaigns and promotions.
- Develop music streaming promotions for soundtracks across all digital platforms.
- Responsible for working with Finance team to develop financial planning and budget forecasting for titles.
- Continually evaluate competitors and industry trends.
- Review post mortems and constantly evaluate campaign plans to determine best course of action to penetrate marketplace and achieve business/release objectives.
- Minimum of 5 years of marketing experience in Soundtracks, Music, Studio or TV industries preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of product management experience
- Exceptional work ethic, demonstrates professional approach at all times
- Ability to manage high-volume workload
- Ability to engage with high level internal and external stakeholders
- Advanced in communication, collaboration, and presentation skills
- Highly organized and detailed oriented
- Strong interest in digital, streaming and new media promotions
- Stellar interpersonal skills, building and maintaining key internal and external relationships is crucial
- Strong written, communication and presentation skills
- Analytical skills – comfortable obtaining and interpreting data to establish strategy
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
About Disney Music Group:
The music is the soundtrack of our lives – from your favorite hits by popular artists to beloved tunes from films like Mary Poppins and Frozen. Find the music that rocks your world right here at the Disney Music Group (DMG), headquartered in Burbank and home to Hollywood Records, Walt Disney Records, Disney Music Publishing and Disney Concerts. DMG releases film and television soundtracks from the world’s biggest entertainment brands, including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, the legendary Star Wars, ABC and Disney Channel, alongside pop, dance, family music and the catalog of classic rock band Queen. DMG is also an innovator in music distribution and live concerts. If music is your passion, come be a part of the team that brings it to ears all over the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hollywood Records, Inc, which is part of a business we call Disney Music Group.
Hollywood Records, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.