Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager - Standards & PracticesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 708625BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business Media Networks Date posted Oct. 18, 2019
This position will require prior S&P experience and expertise, knowledge of individualized network policies, as well an understanding of shifting company and cultural sensitivities. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are needed to interface effectively with staff and communicate the needs of the department and the Company to outside parties. Outstanding, proven interpersonal and negotiation skills and the ability to deal effectively with various personalities in a potentially high stress environment are paramount. The ability to meet tight deadlines is essential as most programming comes out of the Washington DC office which lends to stricter time constraints.
Based on the needs of the department you may also be assigned duties and specialized projects not listed above.
- Screen and provide written notes and/or approval on production cuts and final versions of scheduled unscripted programming.
- Review acquired films to issue edit notes, so they are made acceptable for air on linear and non-linear platforms.
- Screen rough cuts and final versions of promos to ensure that the ads are appropriate for air and meet all FTC/FCC and WDT guidelines. Assign appropriate time slots in which the spots may air.
- Issue notes for all programming content that may include excessive violence, unacceptable language, sexually explicit material, imitable behavior, commercial product placement and graphic visuals that might be unacceptable for air.
- Elevate larger issues to S&P senior executives.
- Assign an appropriate V-Chip rating and/or advisory to the programs.
- Inform Programming, Production, and/or Network Operations of any outstanding issues so they can be resolved before air date.
- Maintain positive working relationship with all parties involved in creating and producing programming that is network acceptable.
- Must be available to work occasional nights and weekends for potential LIVE programming coverage.
- Minimum of 3 years with Standards or Clearance experience is strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Experience within a corporate environment is strongly preferred.
- Computer proficiency required, including experience in PC environment and Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Must be a team player, and able to prioritize, work efficiently, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to handle a high volume of time-sensitive tasks in an expeditious and precise manner in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess ability to handle difficult situations or people interactions diplomatically.
- The nature of the work performed may require discussion of sensitive subjects including foul language, sexual scenes, etc. that appears in advertisements and programming submitted for review.
- Must possess the ability to separate one's personal beliefs and interests as to apply the company's guidelines and policies to applicable content.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is required.
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.Apply Now Apply Later