Manager - Standards & PracticesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 735645BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Jan. 02, 2020
- Review materials during all stages of production, write detailed notes, and negotiate with creative executives to ensure compliance with S&P guidelines
- Read original premises, outlines, and scripts
- Attend table reads, network run-throughs, rehearsals, and set visits
- Monitor the delay button for live events
- Review animatics, storyboards, models, and animation
- Review acquired series and movies and oversee editing process
- Screen rough and final cuts for original and acquired programs and movies
- Assign parental guideline labels (TV ratings)
- Ability to think critically, communicate notes effectively, and handle multiple projects at once at a fast pace
- Minimum 5 years in television programming, research, or Standards & Practices
- Knowledge of children’s television and issues affecting children and families
- Familiarity with FCC regulations and network Standards & Practices policies
- BA/BS degree required
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.