Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager - Standards & PracticesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 581159BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Aug. 03, 2018
Job Summary:At Disney ABC/Television Group, you’ll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your opportunity to unleash your skills….
Manager, S&P for Disney Channels Worldwide (kids and international) will review a variety of live action and animated programs at all stages of production to ensure compliance with standards and practices for air on Disney Channel, Disney XD, and Disney Junior. Additionally, this position manages the department’s activities with DC international channels. This position has no direct reports, and reports into the VP, Standards & Practices in Burbank, California.
- Read original premises, outlines, and scripts and communicate feedback to creative executives.
- Attend table reads, network run-throughs and live tapings as needed.
- Review animatics, storyboards, models and animation.
- Review acquired series and movies and oversee editing process.
- Negotiate to ensure compliance with S&P guidelines.
- Screen rough and final cuts for original and acquired programs and movies.
- Assign parental guideline labels (TV ratings).
- Serve as point of contact for all standards/compliance staff at DC international channels.
- Communicate cultural concerns; supervise approvals of edits by international channels; assist with international policy and procedures documents.
- Must be flexible in hours to accommodate international conference calls; minimum travel.
- Ability to think critically, communicate notes effectively, ability to handle multiple projects at once at a fast pace.
- Minimum 5 years in television programming, research, or Standards & Practices.
- Knowledge of children’s television, FCC regulations, network Standards & Practices.
- Standards & Practices experience strongly preferred
- Passion for Children’s Media
- Exposure to international programming and foreign language proficiency a plus.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.