Manager, Strategic Programs & Initiatives
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 778606BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Mar. 26, 2021
Job Summary:It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
The Manager, Strategic Programs and Initiatives is a highly influential and visible role combining strategic planning, experience & program management, administrative support, and process improvement across a fast-moving technology business.
Your primary role is to creatively and efficiently focus the organization on what matters through strategic problem solving and to do it with eagerness and relentless execution. You will help maintain continuity for support of key projects and learn the cadence and unique needs of the organization.
- Manage and execute projects and programs as prioritized as prioritized by the Executive Leadership Team of Studio Technology
- Manage cross-functional teams and facilitate efforts to execute against business objectives, streamline processes, identify, qualify, and present strategic issues to the technology executive team
- Be a problem solver – get to the root cause of challenges, no matter how complex; design and implement solutions
- Provide strategic support to the technology executive team including project planning and management, coordinating initiatives and special projects
- Develop polished, strategic, high-visibility presentations from conceptual information to completion
- Support and facilitate operational objectives and execute special projects – define metrics and drive to successful execution for each project
- Support technology all hand meetings; help develop agenda and presentations, speakers, vendors, etc.; create business communication cadence
- Act as a liaison between Studio Technology employees or other stakeholders and senior leadership for key project support
- Act as the project leader and program manager for strategic technical programs
- Facilitate key technical initiatives or projects, including organizing collaborative, cross-team programs or driving the development of internal tools
- Must demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills, a professional demeanor, thought leadership, flexibility, and the ability to handle the uncertainties and ambiguity associated with a fast-paced environment
- Strong design and presentation skills
- Able to see the big picture and think strategically
- Proven ability to consistently provide actionable insight
- Detail focused and action oriented
- Ability to set and accomplish challenging goals
- Ability to take initiative
- Experience working with senior executives – polished presence
- Superior communication skills – written and oral
- Excellent project and program management skills to support driving cross-functional initiatives
- Ability to understand and engage with problems that are technical in nature or for technology teams and functions
- Organized and able to anticipate issues or conflicts as they come up
- A proven track record of operating independently with minimal supervision
- Possess an extremely high level of integrity and discretion given the high levels of access to company information
- Strong business acumen, financial skills, analytical abilities
- Ability to effectively collaborate with multiple departments while maintaining tact and diplomacy
- Ability and willingness to problem solve, prioritize, negotiate and juggle changing deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to be resilient and navigate ambiguity
- Ability to manage and create organizational adoption of change at scale
- Background in product development, design, technology preferred
- Bachelor degree required
- Technology or Business degree preferred
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.