Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, Support ServicesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 691602BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jul. 30, 2019
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day management for the Mail Service function with a union team on the Burbank campus as well as an outsourced third party non-union vendor team on the Glendale and Prospect campus locations, the Studio Warehouse team located on the Burbank campus, and the Studio Call Center that handles work requests for New York, Burbank, Glendale, and Prospect campus locations as well as the Fox campus.
The position manages the operational side of the business, all financial budgets associated with each department, and the personnel oversight for salaried employees as well as two different union groups: OPEIU and Local 399.
- Manage mail service function for the west coast portfolio, including oversight for one salaried supervisor and an OPEIU team requiring delivery of consistent leadership message, personnel management of all types which involve HR and Labor Relations as needed, development of streamlined mail service process/procedure, and high level of guest service.
- Manage warehouse service function for the west coast portfolio including oversight for a Local 399 team that requires delivery of consistent leadership message, personnel management of all types which involve HR and Labor Relations as needed, development of streamlined warehouse and shipping process/procedure, and high level of guest service.
- Manage Call Center service function for the west coast portfolio including oversight for OPEIU team of 7 that require delivery of consistent leadership message, personnel management of all types which involves HR and Labor Relations as needed, development of Tririga work order system, and any enhanced service technologies that can be utilized.
- Fiscal responsibility for individual operating budgets for each of the four departments which require tracking and payment of invoices, opening and closing of PO’s, managing line items for the spend on a monthly basis, and ensuring that management awareness is maintained.
- Management oversight to provide safety awareness for all members of the teams including regular monthly departmental meetings, coaching and advising safe practice, administering safety notifications as received, addressing any issues that arise regarding safety practice, attending management meetings or special presentations to discuss safety.
- Participate in REO and Support Services ongoing special projects or functions as required including sharing best practice with peers, participating with Business Continuity initiatives, participating in DTSS Projects (SC Logic, Tririga) to further enhance strategic departmental initiatives that will be beneficial to the teams for efficiencies and cost effective results.
- 4-5 years of personnel management, preferably in a union environment
- Proven customer service affinity; proven interpersonal skills to assure successful interaction with peers, staff and team members, internal and external partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven proactive problem-solving skills
- Proven judgment and patience in challenging situations
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented individual; ability to retain information
- Proven ability to remain flexible and embrace change
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- 4-5 years of mail service experience
- Prior management experience
- Prior experience with union labor force
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.