Manager, Systems Reliability Engineering
Burbank, CA - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 757699BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Mar. 13, 2020
Job Summary:From movie concept to film production. Global premiere to direct to consumer mobile applications. You will innovate and deliver solutions that support a studio whose content is legendary and transcends generations.
We are looking for an experienced engineering leader to drive innovation around packaging our applications for cloud deployments across public & private clouds. You will lead the team that provides infrastructure used by every Disney Studios engineering team. You will set strategic direction, working with our engineering and business partners. You will anticipate needs, foster nimbleness, and build a world-class team. Whether it’s a new direct-to-consumer application to showcase latest releases from Disney, Marvel, Lucas, and Pixar, building solutions for digital asset management, or building the next BI analytics platform, teams across Disney rely on Systems Engineering’s platforms to make it happen.
To be successful in this role, you must be innovative, a quick learner, have a strong understanding of systems, possess stellar software development and communication abilities, and work well in large cross-functional teams. This is a great opportunity to enhance your cloud computing skills and simultaneously gain intimate knowledge of The Walt Disney Studio’s products and services.
- You will have a demonstrated ability to establish a technical vision and to execute on it
- You have exceptional experience in building and leading engineering teams
- You have a keen eye for strong engineering talent
- You thrive in an outage situation and naturally drive the team towards a solution
- You are comfortable leading initiatives and presenting to large groups
- You will lead a team to provide systems reliability engineering for Walt Disney Studios
- You comply with corporate policy and remediate any compliance issues both cloud and on-prem
- You have a thorough knowledge of monitoring/alerting tools to improve engineering response times
- You have experience authoring and driving Root Cause Analysis (RCAs) documentation
- Passion for building a DevOps culture
- You have a “Fail Fast” mentality
- You have a proven track-record developing a vulnerability management program
- You have experience with security scanning tools such as Tenable, Qualys, etc.
- You have experience creating self-service solutions for both applications and databases
- You are an evangelist for emerging containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Thorough knowledge of monitoring tools like Datadog, New Relic, and/or Zabbix
- Administrator knowledge of communication tools like Slack, PagerDuty, etc.
- Understanding of configuration management frameworks such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Experience with AWS, Google Cloud, and/or Azure cloud platforms
- Experience building and managing automated build/test/deployment environments
- Proven history of recruiting and hiring top talent
- Experience having quality conversations with staff to promote growth and improvement
- Aptitude towards being direct, but sincere when leading engineers
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Promoter of a DevOps/Systems Reliability Engineering culture with continuous delivery, cloud, and fully automated infrastructure as code
- 7+ years of relevant software or infrastructure engineering experience
- 1+ years of leading engineering teams responsible for supporting and deploying internet based products or services
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.