Manager, Treasury Technology & Project ManagementApply NowApply Later Job ID 866275BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 22, 2021
The Manager, Treasury Technology & Project Management is primarily responsible for managing the department’s Treasury applications and technology driven initiatives. In this role, the Manager will play a key role in setting the strategic vision for how the department can leverage existing and new technologies to enhance operational efficiency, strengthen controls, and reduce costs. The Manager and his/her staff will collaborate with Treasury leadership and staff, IT, vendors, service providers, and banks to ensure strong service and application stability, champion the Company’s development needs, and to manage the implementation of new applications. The Manager will supervise and mentor junior staff in order to broaden technology and project management skills across the department and to aid staff in furthering their careers.
- Manage a professional team of 1-2 by providing supervision for specific deliverables as well as mentorship for professional development
- Leverage previous Treasury business experience and interest in related technologies to serve as the in-house subject matter expert of Disney’s global treasury application ecosystem and overall banking technology landscape (e.g. SWIFT, ISO XML, etc.); ensure proper operations of all critical technology applications and interfaces with IT
- Understand the business requirements from a user perspective in order to manage the Company’s existing and new bank connectivity needs (in coordination with IT) for payment files and bank statements in order to ensure reliable payments and good transparency to the Company’s banking balances and transactions
- Manage existing technology vendor relationships by holding relationship reviews, managing agreements, monitoring customer service tickets and facilitating timely resolution, and advocating for Disney Treasury interests in application development, etc.
- Be a champion for continuous technology improvements by assessing department needs and evaluating existing and emerging treasury technologies (AI, RPA, etc.) for possible application to improve efficiency, reduce risks and/or reduce costs
- Collaborate with Disney IT and other internal groups to support any Information Security and/or audit related activities (e.g. third party security assessments, annual audits, SWIFT controls attestations, etc.)
- Develop and document best-practices Project Management policies, procedures and tools to be used for Treasury technology driven projects (domestic and global)
- Directly Project Manage (or oversee) Treasury technology initiatives across Global Cash Management, Financial Risk Management, Corporate Finance, and Pension & Investments
- Represent Treasury at cross-functional major enterprise-wide technology/transformational initiatives where Treasury expertise is needed
- Work with Treasury leadership to create and manage an annual project roadmap, including cost/benefit estimates, resource requirements etc.
- 7 years of Corporate Treasury, Project Management, and/or Computer Science experience.
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Excellent Word and Excel skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think critically and develop creative solutions leveraging technology to solve banking and Treasury related needs
- Strong interpersonal skills needed to deal effectively and collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization
- Clear client focus with a demonstrated ability to listen, assess and respond to client needs
- Highest ethical standards
- Experience in Corporate Cash Management or Global Transaction Banking
- Experience with Treasury Workstations and/or other Treasury Applications
- Experience with Bank Connectivity
- Managerial experience
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of In-House Bank solutions
- SWIFT Connectivity
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Computer Science or a similar field
- Desire to pursue professional certification
- MBA or Master’s Degree
- Certified Treasury Professional designation, Project Management Certification
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.