Manager, Workday HCM
Orlando, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 735675BR Location Burbank, California, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Dec. 31, 2019
Job Summary:At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
This role is part of the Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) organization. Our mission is to provide business technology solutions for the enterprise that empower growth, and enhance value across brands, geographies and organizations.
The HCM Business Technology group is part of the EBS organization. We are responsible for advancing the Business and Enterprise Technology Strategy by creating shareholder value. We lead with a Business Architecture framework and own the HCM domain technology roadmap.
Responsibilities:The Manager, Product & Engineering HCM is a strong technology leadership role within EBS, responsible for managing a product line and set of services for the HCM and People Analytics domain within EBS, and delivering technology solutions by leading projects and teams.
Specifically this role will be responsible for the technology product line for:
- Core HR
- Talent Solution
- Talent Acquisition
- Learning Management
- Core Benefits
- Leads technology teams within implementation projects
- Delivers high-quality, scalable and cost-effective technology solutions that meet business requirements and conform to architectural designs and technology strategies
- Responsible for security and compliance
- Responsible for Tier 3 engineering support for live production services
- Actively manages third-party suppliers of products to ensure they deliver to their commitments, and to the needs of the business
- Collaborates closely with partners across the organization including business partners, architects and other delivery managers
- Builds strong relationships with and manages large and diverse groups of stakeholders at multiple levels, from end users to executives, across the enterprise
- Builds and manages high-performance and highly-motivated teams
- Manages and mentors team of direct reports by providing career path conversations and guidance, and helping them achieve their goals through effective development and training plans
- Experience successfully leading technology teams within the delivery of enterprise software projects for their allocation domain. Proven track record of execution--driving results and meeting commitments
- Experience leading matrixed project teams including architects, developers, operations, PMs, business analysts, and vendor partners
- Experience proactively managing project risks and issues and implementing effective mitigation plans
- Experience managing technical project budget and financials
- 5+ years’ Workday technical skills (Web Services API, EIB, Studio)
- 5+ years’ experience developing Workday Integrations with internal and external consumers
- 5+ years of advanced Workday HCM configuration experience
- 5 years as a technical manager role in a Corporate environment of a similar size/complexity
- Workday consultant or client pro-certified in two or more of the following areas: Workday Core HR, Workday Advanced report writing, or Workday Studio/Advanced Integrations
- Background in and strong understanding of broad HR systems architecture and data flow
- Proven ability to build and motivate a team to achieve well-communicated expectations
- A strong business orientation combined with strong IT technical skills
- Previous experience in managing both direct and indirect teams
- Proven ability to manage complex vendor, supplier, and sub-contractor relationships
- Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment
- Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities
- Proven delivery application portfolios inclusive of XaaS technologies and on-prem solutions
- Wide experience with a variety of Software Development Lifecycle methodologies across waterfall and agile
- Experience with Solutions Architecture practice and methodologies
- Experience managing Tier 3 engineering support for live services
- Thought leader in new/emerging technology and its application in business
- Experience of working within a Product Management framework/discipline
- Owner of a set of services: creates and manages product roadmaps, helps set and lead technology strategy
- Experience with working with (a majority of) our portfolio of applications for the value chains relevant to the post
- Ability to effectively communicate with and manage project stakeholders across multiple levels across the enterprise
- Ability to establish executive level relationships across the various business and technology organizations in TWDC
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to establish and manage effective working relationships in a matrixed organizational structure
- Ability to make difficult decisions balancing business requirements, project timelines / budgets, and product and technology roadmaps and architectural designs
- Embraces innovation by constantly seeking new or contrary ideas and approaches to what has been done in the past. Thinks big and broad, without being constrained by existing norms or business models
- Creates “constructive discomfort” encouraging performance beyond what others believe they are capable of realizing
- Ability to challenge teams and self to deliver the very best in everything they do
- Celebrates team’s successes and learns from failures
- Chooses optimism, calls out cynicism and unproductive behavior
- Demonstrates stamina, resilience and perseverance under trying circumstances
- Service mindset with ability to find “win-win” solutions, but not afraid to say “no” when necessary
- Ability to decide and act without having the total picture and comfortable handling risk and uncertainty
- Ability to identify and marshal resources (people, funding, and support) to get projects initiated and completed
- Self-starter, who can effectively navigate a complex organizational structure, managing teams through influence and direct line management
- Curiosity and drive to continuously learn and stay current with new technologies
- HCM qualifications would be advantageous
- Business Architecture framework expertise (such as the BizBok)
- Workday certifications
- Formal Business Architecture qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, or equivalent professional experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.