Already applied?View Dashboard
Market Research & Data Analyst (Piracy Intelligence)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 700365BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Sep. 04, 2019
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
The Piracy Intelligence team at The Walt Disney Studios is based in Burbank and provides meaningful piracy insights to inform strategies that maximize revenue for the film and TV business and minimize the piracy impact.
The Piracy Intelligence team is looking for a Market Research & Data Analyst, who will be responsible for providing support to a variety of piracy intelligence initiatives to measure movie and TV viewing trends across digital media platforms. He/She will process, analyze, and report on data from functions within piracy intelligence and across various business units supporting film distribution. He/She will work closely with the Piracy Intelligence Manager to execute market research projects, perform data analysis, and ensure accurate use and reporting of the data to provide business insights.
- Support the execution of Piracy Intelligence market research projects, including survey programming, data cleaning and processing, and analysis
- Develop and update dashboards that integrate data from various sources
- Assist in the development, execution, and delivery of ongoing piracy landscape reports
- Lead communications with third-party vendors
- Continually leverage, integrate, and analyze research studies from multiple sources in order to synthesize insights
- Manage the ongoing milestones and deliverables of several projects running simultaneously
- Manage priorities effectively of ongoing projects and ad hoc requests
- 1-2 years of experience with quantitative research, preferably at a market research agency/firm
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and oral form
- Self-starter and highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be a fast learner and capable of executing tasks with minimal oversight
- Ability to work well under time constraints
- Expertise in use of Excel and presentation software such as PowerPoint or Keynote
- Experience with Qualtrics required
- Knowledge and use of statistical software (SPSS)
- Experience with Tableau
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.