Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Marketing & Franchise Management, Animation Studios - Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 733252BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Feb. 03, 2020
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, DVD releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
Responsibilities:WDAS Marketing is responsible for the strategy and execution of marketing and communication plans to activate support cross-company for upcoming animated releases. We also design and implement marketing initiates and outreach in support of the WDAS brand within the animation industry.
The intern will also help with special projects related to the marketing and PR for our current and future releases.
- Special projects tied to WDAS’s participation.
- Coordinate and execute Marketing and PR plans for the upcoming DVD release, WDAS Shorts Compilation.
- Work on Marketing and PR initiatives for all films 2020 including the tent-pole theatrical releases. Responsibilities include updating department documents, developing talent confirmation letters and organizing shared server folders.
- Attend weekly team meetings, Integrated Planning meetings, company partner meetings and other meetings that are relevant to the work the intern will be doing.
- Proficient in Google Docs, Google Drive, Word, Excel, and Keynote
- Ability to multi-task and work proactively in a fast-paced work environment
- Great attitude and team player
- Strong interest in Marketing in the Entertainment/Movie Industry
- Communicates ideas effectively
- Previous internship and/or work Experience in related industry
- Passion for Marketing and Disney
- Eager to learn and takes direction well
Required EducationUndergraduate student majoring in Marketing, Animation, Communications or related
· At least 18 years of age
· Unrestricted work authorization
· Available full time for 12 weeks from May/June through August/September
· Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in Burbank, CA.
· Enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program, or recently graduated within six months at time of application
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2013's Academy Award®-winning Frozen, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.