Marketing Communications Manager, Corporate Social Responsibility PHApply NowApply Later Job ID 865345BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Oct. 15, 2021
- Create and implement a marketing and communications strategy tied to the launch and sustainment of tech-related community engagement programming.
- Consistently read, watch, listen, and engage with traditional and social media to stay apprised of evolutions and trends in the consumer and media landscapes that inform our strategic approach to launch.
- Engage key influencers, community leaders, and other advocates to ensure positive reception and long-term program support
- Proactively identify and mitigate issues, offer insights that inform business planning, collaborate on crisis response efforts if needed, establish KPIs and support ongoing report-outs of project milestones.
- Develop a thoughtful narrative, key messaging, and marketing collateral / branding that unifies the DMED program for consumers.
- Identify marketing and communications story beats, and pitch / secure press coverage to drive awareness of programming.
- Support program budget, planning meetings, and any related logistical activity with program manager
- Strong media contacts and experience securing national coverage
- Invested in social impact programs that drive meaningful change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to lead meetings and manage multiple priorities at once with minimal supervision
- Ability to anticipate issues and take proactive efforts to problem solve
- Ability to pivot quickly when needed and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to create effective partnerships at all levels of the organization
- Highly collaborative and open-minded
- Experience working effectively across a matrixed organization
- Solutions-oriented; you can think outside of the box to figure out a challenge
- Strong project and time management skills
- Competencies in Microsoft Office and Google suite, including presentation software
- 5 – 7 years of professional experience with demonstrated success in overseeing large-scale marketing and communications campaigns
- Prior experience in technology and/or entertainment industry
- Knowledge of communications channels and digital tools (intranets, social media, etc.)
- B.A. in Marketing, Communications or related field
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.