Marketing Strategy SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 768928BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Nov. 18, 2020
The Disney+ Strategic Marketing department is looking for a Marketing Strategy Specialist to work on furthering the globalization of the D+ brand segments, harmonizing the needs of the individual markets while maintaining the integrity of the D+ brand.This candidate will help lead strategic marketing efforts for a segment of content on the service.
- Function as marketing strategic lead on select segment of content, under the supervision of the VP and Director, through the lifecycle of the content
- Support D+ brand and sub-brand initiatives to ensure there is strategic and creative alignment across all consumer touchpoints; this role will help maintain strategic compliance across markets
- Coordinate the flow and dissemination of pertinent information to partners, which may include presentation creation and status report management
- Work with legal and marketing groups to obtain approvals for creative elements
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in brand or strategic marketing within a global media company
- Excellent computer proficiency – Mac & Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, KeyNote, Google Suite, Airtable
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions, and change course of action quickly
- Detail oriented with the ability to maintain professionalism under pressure
- Outstanding communication skills, written, and oral
- Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure successful interactions, strong working relationships, and the ability to interface with varied levels of management, peers, and partners across varying teams
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to work on many projects simultaneously with excellent follow through
- Proactive attitude to seek and manage new initiatives on behalf of the department as needed
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and within a matrixed reporting environment
- Experience managing top-shelf consumer brand(s)
- No ego - we critique work, not individuals
- Highly collaborative spirit
- Knowledgeable of Disney brands and franchises
- Bachelor’s Degree
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.