Media Library SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 814597BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 20, 2021
The position will act as a project manager and coordinator for tasks and milestones related to technical operations initiatives, corrective actions, process improvement projects, technical documentation, operational dashboards and metrics reporting. Additional responsibilities include assisting in the data management tasks related to validating, archiving, and restoring of files from the studio’s legacy archives and performing data migration tasks necessary to move them into the Studio’s new future-facing cloud-based asset management system.
- Develop, execute and provide summaries of projects, milestones and meeting notes
- Partner with data analysts to support data management tasks including data validation, data curation, and data migration
- Work with third-party vendors to validate technical processes for ingesting and validating media assets coming into inventory
- Develop guides and test plans to ensure successful integration and efficient operations
- Aggregate, summarize and update templates for maintaining accurate content operations data (media asset inventory, delivery status, ordering, invoicing)
- Develop asset availability research reports based on content operations servicing requirements
- Work with partners in Studio Operations and DMED Technology on asset metadata compliance and normalization across multiple systems
- Any other duties needed to help achieve Business Objectives
- At least 3 years of prior and related professional experience
- Basic understanding of process improvement concepts
- Experience with data transfer methodologies such as Signiant, Aspera, and FTP.
- Experience with LTO tape archives (PAX TAR / LTFS)
- Experience with Agile and Scrum project management methodologies
- Understanding of video, audio, timed text formats and workflows
- Understanding of Six Sigma methodologies and ISO 9001 principles
Required EducationBachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.