Media SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 782969BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Apr. 13, 2021
Walt Disney Studios Motion Picture Marketing is a dynamic, results-driven marketing team responsible for positioning films released by Disney (live action), Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, 20th Century Studios, Lucasfilm and Marvel Studios. This organization oversees the Studios’ global marketing strategy encompassing creative, media, digital, international, promotions, publicity, research, special events, and synergy, and handles some the most valuable film brands and franchises of all time. Thanks in large part to the efforts of the marketing team, The Walt Disney Studios was the first studio to pass $7 billion at the global box office in 2016 and continues to break box office records!
The primary function of this role is to support the Director or Media and Manager of Media in the development and execution of media plans for Walt Disney Studios. Delivering excellent plan stewardship by interacting with creative, digital and other marketing team members is a key component of this position. Will work closely as the liaison with the Media agency, integrated planning, broadcast and digital creative management teams to ensure plan objectives are met, plans are updated as direction changes and oversee plan execution.
The Specialist must possess flexibility, be willing to assume challenges and increased responsibility, be resourceful and a problem solver, as well as keeping an eye out for ways to improve workflows/increase efficiency, etc. They must have a strong desire to grow within the job, and learn more about Studios Marketing key initiatives and businesses.
- Collaborate with Media Manager and Director on media plan development across all disciplines and media types
- Coordinate with media agency for plan document updates and execution
- Work with internal Traffic, Creative and Digital teams, as well as agency partners, to ensure media deliverable dates are met
- Distribute campaign launch information to internal teams
- Work with Media Manager on post-campaign budget reconciliation
- Familiarity with, and active user of, established and new social and connected TV platforms to monitor opportunities
- Assist in campaign tagging and data management
- Compile updates on partner capabilities and stay abreast competitive insights and industry trends
- Exceptional multi-task skills; have the ability to work on many projects/film titles simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills to assure successful interaction with executives and business unit contacts
- Detail oriented with superior organization skills.
- Exceedingly resourceful and capable of problem solving
- Able to prioritize and multi-task and work well with others in a fast paced environment
- Reliable, flexible, and reachable
- Team player with a positive outlook
- College Degree preferred
- Relevant experience in media or advertising preferred, but not required
- Proficient/Advanced in MS Office – specifically in Excel & PowerPoint (and/or Keynote)
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.