Media Systems AdministratorApply NowApply Later Job ID 972719BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted May 15, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
- Provide support for all media and A/V systems in the studio, including conference rooms, editorial suites,”Dailies” / digital review rooms, A/V carts, etc
- Assist in the design of media and A/V systems and spaces
- Work closely with filmmakers and artists to better understand evolving workflows and related hardware needs.
- Collaborate with other technology teams as needed to determine the best solution to challenges.
- Partner closely with the Media teams at the Burbank and Vancouver studio locations to maintain a consistent artist experience across studio sites.
- Assist other support staff by providing Help Desk/Service Center style support as needed, monitoring inbound technical support requests, calls, and tickets for all studio employees.
- Handle support issues from start to resolution, escalating only when necessary
- Installation of desktop hardware including workstations, displays, tablets, and related peripherals.
- Install/support a wide array of software, both internally-developed and third party.
- Support multiple hardware and operating system build processes including Mac, Linux, iOS and Windows, as well as related software & accessories.
- Basic support of some server & network equipment as needed
- Work with studio leadership to continually improve tech support procedures and policies.
- Help to define how end-user support should be coordinated, delivered, standardized and communicated.
- Create thorough documentation of processes and procedures.
- Maintain a flexible schedule including possible night or weekend work.
- Minimum 2 years experience with media & A/V technology, related technical/user support, preferably in a production setting
- Strong familiarity with A/V technology and trends. Familiarity A/V equipment such as professional projectors, audio/video routing equipment, mixers, speakers, large displays, etc.
- Expertise with common video conferencing platforms such as Zoom, Google Chat and MS Teams, as well as hardware platforms such as Cisco and Poly
- Working knowledge of Mac OS, iOS and Windows operating systems. Familiarity with Linux desktop.
- Familiarity with remote desktop technologies, such as PCoIP, Teradici and HP Remote Graphics
- Familiarity with ticket tracking, tech support tools, documentation platforms, and diagnostic systems.
- Proficiency with productivity applications such as OpenOffice, Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, and administration of those systems.
- Ability to diagnose, repair or replace computer system components (storage media/drives, graphics/GPU cards, memory modules, fans, etc)..
- Strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong customer service orientation.
- Highly self-directed. Manage and prioritize multiple concurrent and competing challenges, issues, ambiguities, and contradictions that inevitably occur when supporting a highly complex, and diverse production environment.
- Ability to lift heavy equipment, install, configure, and maintain desktop/laptop computers and mobile devices.
- Experience designing & building complex A/V systems, wire integration, etc
- Experience programming control systems, such as Q-Sys, Crestron or AMX
- Experience with professional secure streaming platforms such as Sohonet or Evercast
- Strong familiarity with computer hardware and components, A+ or similar systems administration certification
- Hands-on experience with Linux administration
- Strong Macintosh/Windows system administration skills
- Experience with/passion for scripting/coding
- Familiarity with CG Animation, VFX, or video game production environments & common pipelines.
- BS or BA degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Broadcast Arts, or related technical field, or equivalent professional experience.
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time, to our 60th animated feature, Encanto, releasing November 2021. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.