Media Systems Engineer IIApply NowApply Later Job ID 948460BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jun. 02, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
- Troubleshoot and implement corrective actions to overcome technical issues impacting post-production workflows.
- Communicate project and job statuses to client, team, and management
- Provide frontline maintenance and troubleshooting of all physical and post-production related equipment, software, and infrastructure supporting edit, 2D and 3D graphics/VFX, audio, and color finishing pipelines
- Contribute to documentation, knowledge sharing, and communication using collaborative tools including service management software, wikis, Microsoft Office, Slack, and an ever-growing portfolio of enterprise productivity tools
- Perform regular hardware, firmware, and software upgrades
- Provide and participate in technical “peer to peer” training as required
- Ensure assigned projects are delivered on time, within budget and to the agreed standard of quality and functionality
- Identify and make recommendations to streamline processes and continuously improve
- Work with departmental leadership to manage key vendors and partners, both internal and external
- Harbor collaboration through inclusivity and engagement across a diverse group of engineering teams throughout a vast organization
- Perform programming modifications to video and KVM routing systems
- Prepare high-quality written reports and presentations for management
- Create and update scripts used for system automation
- Participate in off-hours support, maintenance, upgrades, and installation for systems, when required
- Ensure information and content security best practices and compliance are met and maintained • Conduct research and evaluate new technology trends to assess and adapt to their impact on current and future workflows
- 2+ years support and maintenance experience in post-production facilities with complex audio/video systems
- Engineering experience with Adobe Creative Cloud and Avid Media Composer is a requirement
- A customer driven, “can do” attitude with exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and relationship building skills
- Up-to-Date knowledge and a passion for technology relating to media, post-production, and visual effects
- Expertise with video editing/manipulation software including Adobe Premiere, Avid, Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve, Adobe Media Encoder.
- Solid understanding and practical experience of various media file codecs, compression schemes, and wrappers.
- Familiarity and practical experience with professional post-production equipment such as video routers, rasterizers, reference monitors, playback appliances, SAN and NAS file servers, network routers and switches, KVM routers, render farms, and asset management systems.
- MacOS, Linux, and Windows desktop and server administration skills
- Understanding and experience troubleshooting basic storage and networking infrastructure
- Able to quickly identify, prioritize, and address multiple technical issues without direct supervision, while also working effectively as part of a team
- Basic color theory knowledge, including an understanding of SDR and HDR color space, gamma encoding, color sub sampling, etc.
- Able to communicate issues effectively across technical teams as well as to those that don’t possess technical knowledge
- Capable of multitasking in a highly complex, diverse, systems and networking environment
- Able to quickly prioritize and make decisions, oftentimes while given incomplete and/or conflicting information
- A strategic thinker with strong organizational skills and ability to quickly pivot as priorities shift
- Demands the best from themselves and others, while respecting diverse perspectives and ideas.
- Functional experience working with cloud service providers such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- Recent support of Autodesk Flame, Avid ProTools, Maya, Cinema 4D (C4D), Houdini, Nuke, Deadline, render farms, and/or asset management systems
- Experience with JAMF system administration tools
- Solid understanding of video compression and transcoding, and use of professional encoding/media applications (Telestream Vantage, ffmpeg, Elemental, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision
- Proficient in at least one of the following languages: BASH, Swift, Perl, Python, Groovy, Powershell, or C++
Required EducationBachelor’s degree
Preferred EducationB.S. in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience preferred
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.