Metadata Specialist (PH)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10067208 Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 15, 2023
The Enterprise Metadata Services (EMS) champions enterprise-wide data for our intellectual property through governance, product, and operations. As a Metadata Specialist you will engage in the complex governance of The Walt Disney Company enterprise data, for use cases ranging from: business intelligence information (financials, franchise critical metrics), digital asset management, digital supply chain, and personalization. You will engage in governance and solutioning for complex governance decisioning across multiple systems and data domains. Sometimes this means ascertaining the number of titles Mickey has (or hasn’t appeared in) and other days assess versions of titles that proliferate across our digital content supply chain.
- Engage in the creation, proliferation, acceptance and use of authoritative Intellectual Property data across the enterprise.
- Engage in Intellectual Property and brand taxonomy creation and management for enterprise use cases.
- Provide governance of enterprise data, including complex activities such as:
- Data reconciliation
- Descriptive metadata capture
- Data mapping
- Data cleansing and validation
- Intellectual Property identity management at all levels
- Exceptions handling
- Provide business support for integrations of internal systems
- Develop deep understanding of data landscape and existing integrations
- Engage in knowledge management for business processes
- Engage with partners to troubleshoot and accept data in downstream systems.
- Test system functionality improvements in collaboration with product and technology teams.
- Specifically this role focuses on the governance and/or data authoring within helping support enterprise-wide data proliferation and rule/guideline creation by which the data is governed. This role exists in order for the company systems to “talk to each other” and for our businesses to be strategic with how we demonstrate and use our data. Success is in providing clean, governed data to the enterprise.
- +1 year or more of relevant work experience
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Excellent attention to detail with a willingness to get into the “weeds” as needed
- Passion for data integrity
- Affinity for The Walt Disney Company content and characters
- Experience with relational databases
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Masters Library Science
Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities, and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
*This is a temporary assignment with no guarantee of placement.
The hiring range for this position in California is $47,800.00 - $64,130.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.