Metadata Specialist (Project Hire)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 767678BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 21, 2020
- Build deep consumer behavioral insights – how they are spending their money, what they are doing, and what their perspectives are – to shape growth and marketing strategies
- Identify strategic issues of our brands and customers to guide strategy/product development
- Nurture consumer-driven business development
- Support the proliferation, acceptance and use CTaM (Character, Titles and More) application across the enterprise
- Contribute to the expansion of CTaM’s covered data domains, through rule and guideline creation support
- Engage in governance of CTaM Master Data, including activities such as matching/merging titles, creating new character records, map MPM issues to CTaM IPIDs etc.
- Governance is the strategic assessment of: is this character the same thing as this other character? What is this title? How does it relate or not to other titles in the same franchise but maybe not the same world?
- Support the Manager, Data Stewardship and other team members to discuss and initiate these decisions in the CTaM system
- Support the Manager, Data Stewardship and other team members in communicating these action with downstream platforms and engaged business teams
- Creation of franchise and other IP data groupings (tracking groups) for use company-wide
- Support for MDM system and tracking group functionality testing, requirement gathering and other activities to ensure platform operation
- Work with business and technology teams across TWDC to support ata-driven decision makingfor master data, often related to how to apply / use CTaM tags within systems
- 0-4 years relevant work experience
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Self-motivated and hardworking
- Excellent attention to detail with a willingness to get into the “weeds” as needed
- Passion for library science
- Passion for and understanding of TWDC content and characters
- Strategic and critical thinking skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent academic performance
Additional Information:This position is a 12 month Project Hire.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.