Mobile App Engineer
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 869597BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Oct. 13, 2021
Job Summary:Movies Anywhere (https://moviesanywhere.com) is a cloud-based digital movie service. This app for iOS, Android, Web, and 10-foot devices (Apple TV, Roku, etc.) enables consumers to discover, purchase and watch movies from participating studios (Disney, Fox, Sony, Warner Bros., Universal) using a single service, regardless of the online retailer used to purchase those movies.
We are looking for a Software Engineer II to join our Android development team. This role will work closely with a small team of mobile engineers to design and build new features for the Movies Anywhere Android and Android TV apps, support in-production apps with millions of installs, and improve the quality and reliability of the code-base through sound testing practices.
We are a team which has a passion for Android development, and are actively using some of the latest technologies, such as: Jetpack Compose, Kotlin Coroutines, Flows, and various others.
Responsibilities:• Design and develop new features for the Movies Anywhere Android and Android TV apps
• Write working, readable, testable, and maintainable Kotlin code
• Use modern language features and libraries such as Kotlin Coroutines, Flows, Jetpack Compose, and Jetpack Architecture Components
• Follow design guidelines and incorporate best practices to develop user interfaces that are intuitive, fluid, and responsive
• Participate in technical design reviews, bug triage, and functional demos
• Stay current on the latest tools and technologies, platform capabilities, and engineering practices
• Participate in productive peer reviews with a team of experienced engineers
• Willingness and drive to take ownership of various new app features
Basic Qualifications:• Experience with Java, Kotlin, and Android development
• Understanding of Git, and willingness to participate in code reviews
• Understanding of basic web services, and how they are used by front-end applications
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Willingness and desire to constantly learn and keep up with the latest advances in mobile engineering
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Required Education• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Movies Anywhere, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Movies Anywhere is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.