ModelerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 735057BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Dec. 23, 2019
Walt Disney Animation Studios combines the very best in artistry and storytelling with cutting-edge technology to bring wonderful new stories to the big screen for audiences around the world. Constantly challenged to create innovative new technologies for animated features, theme park productions, and special projects for the Walt Disney Company, Walt Disney Animation Studios is home to some of the most talented artists working in the film industry today.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Modeler at our Burbank, CA studio.
- Build complex set and prop models with organized, efficient, polygonal topology including: vehicles, buildings, plant life, terrain and complete set environments. Models will need to be constructed to account for mechanical articulation when necessary.
- Complete complex organization and packaging of assets for efficient downstream consumption.
- Work well in a collaborative environment.
- Implement direction and feedback from Coworkers, Leads, Supervisors and Directors.
- A thorough understanding of Maya.
- An understanding of ZBrush/Mudbox.
- Candidates should show stylized environments and props.
- A refined eye for appealing design.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to be detail oriented and to work efficiently within a production environment.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative environment, taking direction from the Supervisors and feedback from the Art Director and Director(s).
- Willingness to seek feedback from coworkers.
- All candidates should include 2D reference images when applicable.
- Layout experience a plus.
- Procedural vegetation creation in software like Speedtree, Plant Factory a plus.
- Procedural modeling (Houdini) experience a plus.
- Texture painting experience a plus.
- Previous experience with traditional sculpting a plus.
- Scripting (Python) experience is a plus.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
A reel including wireframes, turnarounds of work, and 2D design images the models were based on are requested for review. Additionally, please include a resume and a reel breakdown.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2013's Academy Award®-winning Frozen, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.