Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Movies Anywhere Data Engineering Intern - Burbank, CA, Summer 2018Apply Now Job ID 499771BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand The Walt Disney Studios Date posted 11/14/2017
The Movies Anywhere Data Engineering Team seeks forward-thinking team members who are passionate about delivering a quality product, enjoy working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges, and are excited about building and optimizing a new data solutions.
ResponsibilitiesWith the Movies Anywhere Data Engineering team, this intern will be expected to:
- Work with team members to build and optimize data solutions
- Learn from and work with other members of the team in developing data-lake, data-warehouse, and data-marts data models.
- Collaborate and learn from other software engineers and cross-functional teams
- Evangelize technologies, solutions, and best practices
- Contribute new ideas to a larger community of high-caliber professionals
- Balance resources, requirements, and complexity
- Build and expand upon existing knowledge of languages, tools, devices, applications, and the environments
- Work on various defect fixes / enhancements to improve overall productivity.
- Work with an Agile team to deliver product iteratively
- Attend stand up, planning, sizing, and retrospective sessions
- Strong understanding of fundamental Work on various defect fixes / enhancements to improve overall productivity.
- Knowledge in Data Structures and Distributed Systems
- Solid communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to function well within a diverse team
Required EducationSenior Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field.
- At least 18 years of age
- Unrestricted work authorization
- Available from May - August 2018 or June-September 2018
- Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in Burbank, CA.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program, or recently graduated within six months at time of application