Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Movies Anywhere Mobile Engineering Intern - Burbank, CA, Summer 2018Apply Now Job ID 499769BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand The Walt Disney Studios Date posted 11/14/2017
The Movies Anywhere Mobile Client Engineering Team seeks forward-thinking team members who are passionate about delivering a quality product, enjoy working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges, and are excited about building an optimizing a new consumer product.
ResponsibilitiesWith the Movies Anywhere Mobile Client Engineering group, this intern will be expected to:
- Design, develop, and support applications for iOS and/or Android, learning and following the best practices for that system
- Learn and follow UI design guidelines to develop user interfaces that are intuitive, stable, and responsive
- Work with other members of the team in developing working, readable, testable, and maintainable source code
- Collaborate and learn from other software engineers and cross-functional teams
- Evangelize technologies, solutions, and best practices
- Contribute new ideas to a larger community of high-caliber professionals
- Balance resources, requirements, and complexity
- Build and expand upon existing knowledge of languages, tools, devices, applications, and the environments
- Work on various defect fixes / enhancements to improve overall productivity.
- Work with an Agile team to deliver product iteratively
- Attend stand up, planning, sizing, and retrospective sessions.
- Fluent coding skill in one of the three languages (Java, Objective-C, Swift)
- Object-oriented programming skills
- Design pattern and algorithms
- RESTful API and http protocols
- Solid communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to function well within a diverse team
- Previous mobile development experience with either iOS or Android
Required EducationJunior or Senior Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field.
- At least 18 years of age
- Unrestricted work authorization
- Available from May - August 2018 or June-September 2018
- Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in Burbank, CA.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program, or recently graduated within six months at time of application