Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Multicultural Audience Engagement Graduate Intern, Studios Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 732415BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Dec. 23, 2019
Would you like to be part of a team that collaborates to create the most inclusive content and stories in the movie industry? How about support The Walt Disney Studios culture so that every employee feels like they belong and can perform their best? As a Multicultural Audience Engagement Graduate Intern, you will be part of a groundbreaking team that strategically partners with all lines of business to enable the most inclusive content and culture.
Responsibilities:This internship will offer an opportunity to dive into the filmmaking process and the nuances of culturally relevant films. The intern will assist in bringing to life the characters and stories that are culturally relevant and bringing authenticity to the showcased culture. Whether it’s through creative brainstorming with internal employees from a certain community or using available resources to collaborate with third party cultural experts, a film’s development of a culture will be expressed through meaningful and organic work.
- Assist Manager(s) in cultural research to provide accurate audience data and feedback
- Brainstorm marketing ideas in order to reach targeted multicultural audiences based on film
- Help identify possible cultural miscues/backlash from content and/or merchandise
- Organize and provide logistical needs for community engagement initiatives and consultant meetings
- Review content and merchandise for cultural and/or authenticity concerns, provide educational explanation for concern and recommend alternative solution
- Provide secondary administrative duties for Vice President and other department executives as needed
- Work on other team projects as needed
- Basic knowledge of film production
- Educational background in ethnic, racial, gender, sexuality, and/or other dimensions of diversity studies
- Intermediate knowledge and experience on Microsoft Office software
- Passion for diversity and inclusion
- Script coverage experience
- Film audience analysis and/or critical studies on film/mass media
- Community engagement: work closely with underrepresented communities either in school or outside of school
- Film development or production experience
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class in a master’s program, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university for a master’s program within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Film Studies, Communications, Sociology, Ethnic Studies, Gender Studies, Marketing, Literature, Humanities, Anthropology
- Community engagement or film festival volunteer experience
- Entertainment industry internships
· At least 18 years of age
· Unrestricted work authorization
· Available full-time from May through August
· Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in Burbank, CA.
· Enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program, or recently graduated within six months at time of application
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.