Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Music Business & Legal Affairs JD Intern, Studio – Summer 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 605849BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jan. 16, 2019
Job Summary:At The Walt Disney Studios, you’ll help bring compelling stories to life through film, music and live entertainment.
Motion Picture Production Music Business and Legal Affairs is comprised of music attorneys, paralegals and administrators responsible for music-related business and legal affairs for The Walt Disney Studios.
- Contributing to all projects that cross the desks of the Primary Mentor and other members of the Music Business and Legal Affairs department
- Assisting members of the Studio Music/Business Legal Affairs Department with creating deal summaries, rights and restrictions memoranda and researching, drafting and revising various legal agreements, licenses and other documents for Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Talking Pictures, Walt Disney Pictures, Walt Disney Theatrical Productions, Disney Character Voices International and other business units under the supervision of the Primary Mentor
- Attending regular music business/legal and music production staff meetings and meeting with the creative/licensing/marketing leaders in the Studio Music Department
- Music business experience and/or proven interest in music business or music law
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Classes completed in copyright, entertainment and other intellectual property areas
- Coursework in music business or music law
- Prior internship at a record, film or entertainment company or law firm
- Currently in second or third year of law school in a current JD program at the start of the internship
- At least 18 years of age
- Unrestricted work authorization
- Available full time (40 hours per week) for 12 weeks from May through August/September
- Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in Burbank, CA.
- Enrolled in an JD program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.