Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Music Intern, ABC Studios, Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 738656BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Feb. 11, 2020
ABC’s Music team currently has an exciting opportunity for a student passionate about learning more about music for Television. This is a great opportunity for an intern to gain knowledge on how music gets created for television. The Intern will gain practical insight and work experience, such as participating in discussions involving music clearance and licensing, budgets, research, music supervision, pre and post production deliveries, cue sheets, music libraries, and exposure to various facets of the music industry.
Research projects (i.e.: public domain music, licensed music, cue sheets, etc.)
Assist in preparing requests for licenses
May interact with various record and publishing companies
Assist in entering/filing synch and master requests into our licensing database
Provide day to day support to music executive and departmental team members as needed
Assist with administrative duties
Update contact and music databases
- Passion for music in television
- Proficient in MS Office and comfortable working on both Macs and PCs
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and a dynamic personality
- Strong research skills, eager to learn and not afraid to ask questions
- Familiarity with Music terminology
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate in a professional and friendly manner with all levels within the organization including executives
- Detail oriented, highly organized and able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner
- Passionate about Disney properties and franchises
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- All candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship.
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
- All candidates must be available from May/June - August/September
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.