Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Music Production Archivist Intern, Animation Studios – Summer 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 526020BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted 02/22/2018
Make an impact…
The Walt Disney Animation Studios Music Department produces all music for Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios. Learn, adapt, and implement existing workflow for backup and archiving of digital music assets for current/ongoing and legacy productions at Disney and Pixar Animation. Coordinate digitizing of analog masters, transfers of digital tape masters and other formats to standard Pro Tools files.
ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life…
- Contributing to the management of archives of digital music assets for current/ongoing and legacy Disney/Pixar productions
- Coordinating transfers of legacy audio formats to standard Pro Tools files
- Documenting procedures to create workflow manual
- Presenting periodic progress reports to supervisor
- Assisting with archive project implementation
- Assisting music staff with department functions
Basic QualificationsWhat we’re looking for…
- Mac OS – advanced
- Unix OS – ability to navigate through terminal shells using basic commands
- Pro Tools – proficient
- Music background
- Knowledge of legacy analog and digital audio recording formats
- Desire to learn current and historical production methodologies
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Library Sciences beneficial
Required EducationWorking towards or recently completed an undergraduate degree in music, film, computer science or related.
Additional InformationProgram Eligibility
- At least 18 years of age
- Unrestricted work authorization
- Available full time for 12 weeks from May/June through August/September
- Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in Burbank, CA.
- Enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program, or recently graduated within the last six months at time of application
The Walt Disney Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, DVD releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.