Already applied?View Dashboard
Music Production CoordinatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 551507BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand The Walt Disney Studios Date posted May. 14, 2018
Job Summary:It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
The Music & Soundtracks team is a part of the Production division of The Walt Disney Studios. We are seeking a motivated, highly organized and detail-oriented individual to administratively assist the Music Production department. Reporting to the Director, Music Production, the Coordinator will perform key administrative duties including screening incoming calls, managing the calendar, meetings, extensive travel arrangements, expense reports, organizing, and act as a back-up coordinator to the office of the President, Music & Soundtracks.
- Coordinate A/P invoice receivables
- Create and update music editor timeline tracking
- Input all incoming costs into Music Production’s Cost-Tracking and Budget Forecasting spreadsheet
- Keep Music Department Finance Report up-to-date and distribute weekly
- Keep all Music Production project folders up-to-date
- Complete PO requests for approvals and distribution
- Timecard receivable. Obtain approvals and distribute to finance
- Prep contractual check requests for approval and distribution
- Maintain scoring stage holds calendar
- Maintain status spreadsheet on all contractual negotiations and/or subsequent payment schedules
- Arrange and book all music related travel for executives and talent
- Prep Music Deal Memos and Start paperwork (i.e. Editors and Mixers) for approval and distribution
- Organize applications for both US incoming and outgoing Foreign Visa paperwork for music crew
- Create and distribute Scoring Schedule Memos
- Compile Scoring Stage Access lists
- Collect and Organize final music delivery as required by Studio from finished films
- Help support archiving and all related research and special projects
- Passion for music and film
- High level of integrity in handling proprietary and confidential information; promotes confidence with other employees in handling sensitive data
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work calmly, professionally, and collaboratively, under pressure, and with a variety of personalities, including the Disney teams, production companies and vendors
- Ability to prioritize multiple, changing projects in a dynamic, sometimes high-pressure environment
- Self-starter, with a proactive can-do, solution-oriented mindset
- Experience in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of SAP procedure to pay helpful
- Familiarity with music terminology and key players (execs and talent) in the industry preferred
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures Productions, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.