Network Architect (Automation and Tooling)
Burbank, California, United States; Celebration, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 774517BR Location Burbank, California, United States; Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 20, 2021
Job Summary:Global Telecom strategy and engineering is responsible for developing network strategies, architectures, designs, and standards across all core network infrastructure including global WAN/MAN, DNS/DHCP, data center networks, network security, remote access, Internet, voice, and physical network infrastructure. The group is also responsible for setting standards for configuration, hardware/software, service providers, and architectures.
- Network Architect with a focus on automation and tooling
- Coordinates activities with other Network Architects to drive service improvements throughout the enterprise and business networks
- Partners with business units to maintain and deliver optimal services and advocate advances in the network
- Develops and implements an automation framework and leads the development of various automation tools
- Serves as a Tier-4 escalation for Network Engineers and Administrators
- Develops, implements, and enforces service and technology standards across the network footprint
- Develops, implements, and optimizes network solution designs of the highest level of complexity
- Briefs and informs leadership on advancements and developments within the network
- Leads, mentors, and develops other network engineers
- Has deep knowledge and capability in multiple areas of network services including Cloud, WAN, security, automation and tooling, modeling, and process control
We’re looking for an experienced Network Architect who is highly motivated, team oriented, and well-versed in automation technologies and methods. The successful candidate will be a major contributor to the Network Services and Enterprise Infrastructure Services team as we build our automation framework, streamline and automate the majority of our processes that are manual today, and define/operate a sustainable automation infrastructure.
- 5+ years of professional experience in a computer-related department on the specific architecture to be supported
- Highly effective in development of solutions in Python targeted at automation of processes
- 4+ years experience with Ansible
- Thorough understanding of switched and routed network infrastructures including relevant protocols (EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.1d, 802.1x, 802.11i).
- BA/BS degree in Information Technology/Engineering or equivalent telecommunications experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.