Network Engineer - Studio Productions
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 787630BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jul. 16, 2021
Job Summary:For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies and episodic storytelling from its iconic studios like Marvel, Twenty Century Studios, Motion Picture Production, Lucas Film, Blue Sky Studios, Pixar, and The Walt Disney Animation Studios.
We’re looking for a Network Engineer to join The Walt Disney Studios engineering team working in the Production Technology Architecture Group. We are the Jedi’s that successfully implement, scale, and support the next generation of network infrastructure, workflow, and pipelines designed to enhance various film productions, postproduction, and distribution processes that enable our storytellers to create amazing content. You will need to be comfortable working after hours, weekends, and some holidays as well as participating in an on-call support rotation dependent on the projects and busines needs.
- Monitor and act upon incoming client tickets and issues in a timely matter
- Monitor, report and keep our global network infrastructure running smoothly (includes Campuses, Data Centers, POPs, Studios, Cloud Environments, Postproduction Facilities and Postproductions Houses)
- Pre-stage, load and configure diverse network devices (Firewalls, switches, access points, routers, load balancers, network appliances, etc.)
- Deploy network infrastructure in diverse physical locations
- Troubleshoot and isolate client issues related to network, storage, systems, digital media, video streaming, cloud and application environments
- Work with team members to deploy, and operate infrastructure globally to support the movie production and distribution process
- Follow and implement Engineering Change Orders and/or Methods of Procedures with minimum or no supervision
- Generate quality documentation on network issues, changes, updates, root cause analysis, troubleshooting techniques and network analysis including diagrams/templates. Exercise consistent rigor in maintaining documentation
- At least 2 years of experience in network operations for a Studio or Enterprise in a 7x24x365 environment
- Experience working with ticketing systems to resolve network inquiries
- Experience configuring diverse vendor network gear (Juniper, Arista, Palo Alto)
- Experience with hardware specifications in a multi-vendor network environment (Juniper, Arista, Palo Alto)
- Experience troubleshooting layer 1 issues
- Experience conducting network physical work in LAN Closets and Data Centers
- Familiarity with cabling standards and theory (copper and fiber optics)
- Experience troubleshooting wireless issues
- Understanding and experience reading, analyzing and troubleshooting network protocols (TCP Dumps, PCAPs, NetFlow, JFlow using Wireshark, Plixer, etc.)
- Experience in reading, analyzing and troubleshooting Syslogs
- Experience with network theory and services (TCP/IP, UDP/IP, 7 layers of OSI, DNS, DHCP)
- Understanding of VXLAN, STP, MCLAG, LAG, AE
- Experience with monitoring and alerting technologies
- Exposure to Local and Networked File Systems (NFS, SMB, DFS, NTFS)
- Customer-centric mindset
- Ability to interact and partner regularly with production customers
- Team player with good interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Self-driven with an analytical and action-oriented mindset
- Able to multitask (i.e., perform multiple tasks concurrently)
- Ability to manage competing priorities, and work under pressure at times
- Experience with network scripting/automation
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible or Terraform
- Experience supporting VPN environments
- Experience developing automated methods to mitigate and remediate network events and minimize operational complexity
- Experience deploying and supporting Media Production environments with a Studio or Postproduction House
- A Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, Network Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Certifications (JNCIA-Junos, ACE-A, PCCSA, CCNA, CCNP)
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.