Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 856611BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Sep. 09, 2021
Job Summary:Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity and is breaking new ground in episodic storytelling, bringing theatrical quality animation to the series format for Disney+.
This position resides within the Platform Engineering team at Walt Disney Animation Studios. This team designs and builds the dynamic infrastructure to provide the foundation that bridges the hardware/software boundaries - from core infrastructure/network services to large-scale high performance compute systems. The engineer filling this role will engage with team members and stakeholders on a variety of initiatives depending on the Studio’s needs.
Our engineers are highly supportive of each other and our stakeholders. You will be expected to demonstrate self-direction when needed, and also be comfortable supporting your team by bringing fresh insight for shared problem solving. Also critical to success in this role is the ability to build trusted relationships with technical and non-technical users to understand their needs and pain points intimately, and deliver relevant solutions.
The Network Engineer will provide technical engineering excellence within the Platform Engineering team to provide highly available and scalable core infrastructure services that are hosted within our on-premises data center and/or cloud providers. This includes in-depth system analysis, design, troubleshooting, and integration of new products and developing tools and strategies to improve existing systems. Moreover, the Network Engineer is responsible for ongoing monitoring, support, and maintenance of networks inside and outside of the Animation Studio. The position will also be expected to provide technical support and ensure operational support and maintenance.
Additionally, a successful candidate has knowledge and skills necessary to select, connect, configure and troubleshoot various networking devices including but not limited to Layer 3 Switches, Routers, Network Security Devices, Load Balancers, IP Routing, Wireless Controllers and Access Points, Firewalls, and Point-To-Point Connections.
- Partner closely with stakeholders and technical teams to deploy, manage, and optimize systems and services on our on-premises infrastructure and cloud environments.
- Installation and configuration of inter-networking technology on multiple platforms including Cisco Catalyst (IOS), Cisco Nexus (NXOS), A10, F5, and Palo Alto Networks.
- Configure networking on client systems across multiple operating systems including Linux, MacOS, iOS, Android, Windows, Virtual Machines, and scale-out storage clusters.
- Act as a collaborator with the larger Technology team on issues of network security and performance.
- Actively participate in team discussions and respectfully challenge the status quo.
- Provide guidance to peers’ technical problems from design to implementation.
- Demonstrate the ability to drive technical influence through innovation.
- Publish and maintain detailed documentation in regards to our processes and workflows.
- Standardize and automate processes and services using script based solutions.
- Conduct high-level root-cause analysis for service interruption and establish preventive measures.
- Troubleshoot & support networking concepts and protocols such as: VLAN, STP, HSRP/VRRP, VRF, IP Subnetting, MPLS, OSPF, DMZ, and BGP routing.
- In-depth knowledge with designing and building network platforms and systems to support large-scale high performance compute and storage systems.
- Hands-on, proven expertise with developing technical solutions involving multiple applications to solve business and production needs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, particularly in working within teams and among stakeholders.
- Knowledge of
- Layer 1 technologies such as structured cabling systems, and DWDM Optical networking.
- Layer 2 protocols such as Ethernet (1, 10, and 100Gps and Flow Control), Port Aggregation (LACP), VLAN Tagging (802.1Q), LLDP (802.1AB), Network Access Control and Dynamic VLAN Assignment (via 802.1X), VPN, and Wireless (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac).
- Layer 3 routing protocols such as EIGRP, BGP, and OSPF.
- Layer 4+ network services and protocols such as PXE, NAT, DHCP, DNS, NFS, NTP, SNMP, LDAP, HTTP, SQL and H323/SIP.
- Knowledge of access control systems and protocols including TACACS and RADIUS
- Expertise with network analysis and performance tools such as Snoop, TCPDump, Wireshark, TTCP, IPerf, Shunra, SNMP, OpenView, Nagios, iperf, and Zabbix.
- Experience with installation and configuration of industry leading inter-networking technologies such as Cisco, Palo Alto, F5, A10, Infoblox, Aruba, etc.
- Python, Csh, Bash, or Go scripting skills.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Able to multitask in a highly complex, diverse, production environment.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Palo Alto Certification
- Cisco Certification CCNA
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering; or comparable industry experience.
- Proficient in software development methodologies and processes - including agile methods, continuous integration and version control.
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Chef or Ansible.
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.